Using Playbooks as identifiers when creating CTAs

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

This would be an enhancement to the logic used by the rules engine to determine whether or not a CTA action creates a new CTA or updates an existing one. In addition to using Type, Reason and Names as potential identifiers, this logic could be enhanced by using the Playbooks assigned to an existing CTAs as an identifier.
Pretty essential for us to have this functionality, as we have rules assigning templated CTAs to SMs with generic reason and priority, and then it's up to the SM to change the reason based on an actual reason. For example, a CTA gets assigned to an SM because a client has low usage. The reasLow Usage. Then the SM needs to change the reason for WHY the usage is low - ie client departure. Once they change the reason, the rule fires again and assigns the exact same CTA. 
Hey Harris / Seth - Instead of changing the reason from Low Usage to Client Departure, can there be another field like sub-reason and have the value updated under that?
I'm not sure I follow when you say another field/sub-reason. If you are referring to creating an additional field in SFDC then no that will not work. We are limited by the number of fields we can create in Salesforce and it's also an additional workflow
Hi Harris and Seth,

We are adding a option "Don’t create CTA when it’s already created in last N days" in "Create CTA" action in rules engine. So, if a CTA for an account has been create in last N days using a rule, then that rule will not create a new CTA even if the identifiers are changed.

Do you think this will solve your use-case?

Thanks,

Nitisha
I think this may solve for the issue we are facing as long as it recognizes the playbook/CTA has been assigned, because we do have users changing the reason once it's assigned to them. Do we happen to know when this is coming? We'd be more than willing to be beta testers 🙂
Thanks for the input Harris.

This functionality will be available in Fall release. I will keep you updated about the release date.

Thanks,

Nitisha