Rules Engine: Need a way to view Rules without going into Edit mode

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

When I click on a Rule and the summary tab comes up, I can view basic details about the rule including the SHOW and FILTER and the basic RULE ACTIONS.  But if I want to see detail about the Rule Actions or Schedule I have to click Edit to view those pages.  This increases the chance of someone accidentally modifying a rule when they just want to view - especially when click the NEXT button automatically saves any changes.

We need a "view only" mode so that I can see the detail on the Setup Rule, Setup Actions and Schedule tabs without being able to inadvertently change anything when I did not intend to.
Yes - I agree. I often want to confirm the Action or the schedule for a rule. Takes extra time to open up the rule for editing. Perhaps add the Action and Schedule to the Rule Summary.
I thought of that too, but it may end up making the Rule Summary too detailed, because sometimes I need to look at the Rules Action detail as well.  I would be happy with an additional icon next to the edit pencil that would allow me to go into the Setup tabs in a view-only mode.

I also opened up this enhancement request https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/rules-engine-include-basic-schedule-info-on-the-rul... to include the basic schedule details in the Rules Manager list view (so I don't even have to pull up the Rules Summary to see the schedule frequency and time).
100% agree on your perspective Jeff - this would be a great enhancement and lower the risk of someone unintentionally editing/changing a rule when their goal was to just view all the details of it.
In addition, if you are on the edit screen of the rule and you click "Preview Results", any changes that were made will get saved...which is not apparent in the UI.

Also, any movement between screens using the navigation breadcrumbs (e.g. Rules Engine > Edit Rule > Setup Rule > Setup  Action > Schedule) do not get saved...again, not very clear to the user.
Agreed. I would even prefer a way to export the current fields/properties/actions/schedule of a rule. This gives me a great summary of my rule and all of the thought that went into building it. Very helpful if I make an inadvertent change (to Dave Wu's point above) and want to get back to a known good spot.
In May, we are planning to release ability to import Rules via Vault. This will provide foundation for 2 items here: 1) Vault has a great preview for rules. We will look to offer this preview in main rules engine in your tenant. 2) Since Vault has ability to import a best practice it can be extended to provide at least a 'restore to original' where original is what our PS team has setup or a template downloaded, and potentially per Matt's point restore to a previous version. Stay tuned for more details. 
In 5.2 release, we have rule preview which appears on click of a rule and it displays entire rule configuration along with actions and schedule information in detail. This will help avoid accidental saving for users who are unaware that rule gets saved when Next is clicked.
+1 Gayathi. This is available now for customers who have upgraded to today's release. As mentioned in my earlier post, the preview in rules engine is similar to the preview in Vault. 
BIG thank you to the Gainsight development team for adding this needed functionality!!!