Ability to increase the display size of the CTA details via cockpit view

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

When working out of cockpit, I often need to take notes in the comments section of a CTA. Currently, I don't see a way to adjust the view size of the CTA details via the cockpit view. The CTA list view takes up a majority of the screen, while the CTA details section that I need to make notes out of is too small. This also applies to if I need to make notes on a linked object. The work space is rather small. I would like the ability to be able to resize the CTA view in cockpit when working from here. 
Hi Denim - have you taken a look at Gainsight's Timeline feature? It was specifically created as an evolution to note taking within CTAs and offers a wider range of options and capabilities. 
Hey Dan, 

Thanks for the reply. While I do like timeline, we use CTA comments to track work/progress being done on a CTA to keep that flow in one spot. We also use linked objects quite heavily; with sections on the linked object used for notes that sync with that object in SFDC. Being able to adjust the real estate of the CTA details via cockpit would make life easier. 

Thanks!

Denim 
Members of my team have requested better CTA UI (specifically expanded comments section), as well.  We're very excited about the possibilities Timeline presents but, at this time, it's not robust enough to replace CTAs at our org.  
Hi,

We are increasing CTA detail width in Spring release and will keep on doing cockpit usability enhancements in subsequent releases.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Sara,

Can you please share few problems you see in using timeline or enhancements you would like in timeline.

Thanks,

Nitisha
I can't report on timeline activities, for starters.  I know this should be resolved with the May release.  Beyond reporting concerns, I think I'll have a hard time getting the team to adopt process where they are updating CTAs [i]and Timeline activities for the same lifecycle event-- which is what we'd have to do if I asked them to take notes for Business Reviews in Timeline.  At some point in the future, if we can display CTAs in the timeline, that would solve but, although I know better Cockpit/Timeline integration is coming in May, I was under the impression this wasn't coming near term.  Happy to provide more detail if needed.
Will a wider CTA view still be released this spring?
We are still finding we need wider CTA's as we also increase our usage of linked objects. Was this already rolled out in 2017, or is there perhaps plans to expand this capability further?

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that we have redesigned Cockpit, powered by Gainsight Horizon experience, as part of the v6.18 release. The enhanced Cockpit has the following new capabilities:

• Update any CTA details directly from the Cockpit List View & Detail View pages by clicking on the field.
  • View the details of a CTA easily with Improved readability of fields, Two Column Layout, and Responsive width based on the screen size to the CTA Detail View page.
  • Tasks are displayed in a separate tab in the CTA Detail View screen, instead of an expand/collapse option in the Cockpit List View page. 
  • A new list view column is added to show the standard fields upfront. This option enables users to add any number of columns to the Cockpit List View page.
  • Reorder columns and sort on columns directly on the Cockpit List View page.
  • Filtering is much easier with a Basic and Advanced view creation experience.
  • Update/Apply filters directly from the Cockpit List View page. 
  • The color-coding of the Type, Status, and Reason columns are now based on admin colors defined.
  • The profile pictures of the users added to the User Management or My Profile page can be seen on the Cockpit page.

This feature is implemented in only the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!