Solved

Where do survey results live?

Badge
  • Shoshin
  • 314 replies
We are testing out the survey functionality with Gainsight and I am looking to show a full use case for the feature. One key aspect is data analysis on the results of surveys taken. I have had a sample user complete the survey and I am now looking to see where the results are and what I can do with them.

So, where do survey results live?

Thanks for the help on a (hopefully) simple question!
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 1 May 2017, 22:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Ben,

Survey results are stored in SFDC in a multi object data model. Gainsight Data Spaces allows you to build reporting views for traversing this structure. This support article has a tutorial as well as a basic ERD of the data model: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Data_Management_and_Integrations/Data_Spaces/Tut...

Cheers!
Badge
Ben, did you include the NPS question? One area that is frequently overlooked is the NPS tab in Gainsight, which includes survey results specific to that question. Be sure to select that tab and check out waht you can see there. I am happy to jump on a call with you this week and review!
If the user will answer to the survey based on a follow up, then all the data about the user will not be retrievable in the Dataspace, only account info... Could this be fixed in any way, even through a manual method?

Badge
Nah we haven't done NPS yet. As you may remember, we have a VP who is adamantly against NPS. Its something that I'll bring up and make a push for if/when I have a insurmountable argument.
Badge
Thanks all. My hope was to use Account-level, Opp-level, and/or Contact-level fields, alongside survey responses, when doing post-survey analysis. I am guessing a data space, as Dan described, is the best fit. Next step is to learn about data spaces!