Group and Sort Rules

Related products: None

Would be nice to be able to group or sort rules in order to be able to quickly find them, or place the most active ones on top of the list.
Thank you for the request @Irit. I agree that this is important to manage the rules. Quick question on that, what do you mean by active ones? Is it the last modified active rule or the most recent rule that got executed?

Regarding grouping and sorting, following is just an outline what the engineering team has in mind

1. Ability to filter the rules by actions. Ex: Show me rules that does Create / Close CTA or Show me rules that does Load to Customers

2. Ability to tag a rule, you could add an existing tag or create a new tag for each rule group you have in mind. Along with this the ability to filter the rules by tag.

3. Have a sort option by last modified date or recently executed date.

This is part of the roadmap item in rules engine
Tags are great. But I would still like to see the ability to group by the assigned tags as Irit noted, not just filter.
It would also be very useful to quickly see which rules are set to run manually, daily, weekly or monthly. I've been getting requests from IT to move as many rules as possible to run over the weekend, but it's critical that some remain on a daily run. It would be nice to be able to quickly see how many we have of each or which ones are set to schedule daily vs weekly.
Calendar view in short! Yes it is part of the roadmap.

Jeffrey,

Tags and Folders are complementary features, when we group by tags there would be repetition of the rule that has two tags. For that matter, be it gmail or evernote they won't display grouped by tags.

Creating folders for rules is definitely a ask from the community apart from tags.

Thanks for your feedback.
How many rules can be there on an average? Should we keep this fact in mind before attacking this feature request?
We would also like to show this in our org. Our key separators would be:

Backend Rules (Score setting, etc.) and Frontend Rules (cause CTAs)
Rules engine listing screen now has the ability to filter by the actions and by also a Active / Inactive quick filters. Also there is a timeline view which shows the consolidated rule runs and the also the scheduled future runs.

Let me know your feedback on this!!