Solved

How do you create a powerlist/rule based on an anniversary date?

• 13 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge
I'm working on sending automated emails with invitations to have clients participate in business reviews. These emails need to go out every six months starting three months after their Billing Start Date. Can I add a criteria to a powerlist/rule engine that will only pull accounts on the three-month anniversary date then every six months from there?

I can add a criteria to pull clients with a billing start date that is less than or equal to 90 days before the run date then set the outreach to send an email once in six months. The problem here is that every six months the outreach will send an email to all of our existing clients.

Any ideas or suggestions from similar situations?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by britton_walker 13 December 2016, 16:14

View original

7 replies

Is there a reason you wouldn't want to invite all of your customers to your business reviews, just new customers who have been with you 90 days but not much longer? 

Suggestion: Have you tried setting a "less than" date AND and "greater than" criteria to run together? I have a few Powerlist Rules that run those two criteras and have had success.

Run the "less than" 90 days one and a "greater than" 180 days one to pull customers who started billing more than 3 months ago but not more than 6 months ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
If you used formula fields on the Account or CustomerInfo object to indicate "month number of anniversary" and "month number of six-month-offset anniversary" (so, strip out any day or year information), then you could set up a PowerList/Rule to run every January for anyone that has a "1" or "7" in either of those fields. You'd have to set up 6 separate PowerLists/Rules, but that's not sooooo outlandish a number, as long as this is relatively important for your business and not just a nice-to-have.
Badge
Within six months we do want to invite all our customers to participate, but we don't want to invite all of them at once. We're trying to avoid an overload of responses for our customer success team. By sending the invitation on the anniversary we would spread out the workload over six months.
Badge
That might work. I'll be looking into that one. Thanks!
Badge +3
There is also "Lifecycle weeks per year" field in the Customer Info object that might help for your use case.  This is calculated based on the Original Contract Date you populated in Gainsight CustomerInfo object and resets each year with the week number independent of how many years they have been a customer.
Wow! that is a very good field that we didn't know it.

Thanks Denise for that tip!
Did not know about the lifecycle fields, very helpful! Thank you Denise!