Solved

Disable Partial Survey Responses

Hey everyone! 

This is Logan from Support team. I've recently had a customer express the desire to have the option to remove these "Partial Survey" responses for the sake of clarity. 

In my experience, and according to our documentation, I don't believe we have the ability to disable this at this time. If there's anything we can do at this time to disable these responses from being displayed, I would love to be able to relay that information back to our customer!

If there is currently nothing to be done, would it be possible for us to take this up as an enhancement to the Partial Survey Responses? 

Thanks for the help!

Logan Thome
icon

Best answer by lila_meyer 19 November 2019, 00:25

View original

11 replies

After x number of days, partial saved response gets converted into submitted, We can also filter in Survey Analyse page - Partial Saved, Partial Submitted and Submitted.
I am also finding this to be a huge issue as there is no way to follow up with the customer to complete the partially saved survey from what I understand. I can create a follow up outreach to customers (in co-pilot) that have not opened the email, or clicked on the link, but there is no way to do an outreach to customers that have partially saved by providing them with the link to have them continue. We really want this disabled too, or at least make it optional. (We would disable for our use case)
While waiting for x number of days to convert partial into submitted is an option, I think there should still be an option for a partially completed survey to NEVER be converted into submitted. At first I was thinking about making the number of days to be "1000000000" as a workaround; however, the limit is "999 days," which means if, in a couple years later, I want potentially look back into what the NPS scores were today, that score could be different than what I see today. 
I'm also having this issue. The ability to convert after x days is helpful, but is there a way to further clarify the UI? I just had a survey go out and almost half of folks submitted partially saved responses. I'm guessing this is because the difference between Save and Submit isn't clearly marked. 

Thanks! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I'm also curious about this. I had a customer who had a couple duplicate responses due to customers who partially submitted a survey, then went back and submitted a full survey response (presumably because they forgot they originally filled it out to begin with). Any thoughts on a solution here?
Badge
We had that Spencer. Had to work with Support to delete the duplicates.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
+1, we recently had a bunch of partial survey responses that triggered email alerts that caused a bit of confusion. Are there any plans to add this as a feature?

The inabilty to edit/delete a response after it has been recorded as saved is pretty cumbersome.

We would love to have this as well. Clients are confused why we are following up on their survey response when they have not actually submitted.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Any update here? At the very least, it would be nice if admins had ability to delete these themselves vs. sending in tickets to support.

Since moving over to in-line NPS questions, we've noticed that responses are sometimes incorrectly/accidentally submitted without the client contact's knowledge which has created confusion,.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I also want to check in on this. It would be nice prevent partial response from converting to full responses. This does cause issues with follow ups and reporting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In the Gainsight v6.8 release, we introduced a toggle option that allows you to disable the auto-saving of responses, which may also be helpful. Release Notes details here.