Make CTAs take bigger share of screen in cockpit

Related products: CS Cockpit & Playbooks

I've gotten this feedback from several customers, including HPE: 

Currently, the detailed CTA layout view in cockpit captures only a small part in the right of the screen. This makes it difficult to work with CTAs to enter comments or other fields. 

The request is to have the detailed CTA layout take more of the screen, or at least give users the ability to expand / change the size of the detailed CTA layout screen. This is especially true when accessing cockpit through C360 / R360
We are optimizing the detail-view space allocation as part of bringing Timeline to CTAs. Estimated to be available in our Spring release, but we'll confirm as we get closer.
We definitely need this - there is so much screen real-estate blank in our environment, we dont need extra columns on the cockpit, but the ability to see what is in a single field of a task (notable description), as we are using that to store a large amount of procedural information, and at the moment very little can be displayed on a single screen, which allied with the atrocious formatting of text fields is a major complaint from users 

Alternatively a pop-out window would be great

What is the progress on this?
Hi Nick,

This is happening as part of our Spring release efforts. Going forward, the detail view window will occupy around 60% of the width. I'll reach out to you directly and share a few mock-ups. Would love to get more input from you!

Thanks,

Manu
Excellent - thanks, Manu

If the width could be user defined (ie a dragable), then even better - that would cater for the different screen sizes from tablet to crazy-big widescreen monitor
I like this idea as well. Are you able to share the mock-ups with me, Manu?
On its way, Renee!
Did this get implemented? Still seems to be a tiny space when there is a lot of instruction. Thanks!
Hi Hayley,

There were some improvements made in this area, to have some space in detail view. Having more space than whats now will make the things look more bigger.

Also the Width depends on the screen resolution. Lets us know if your facing any issues (screenshot would help)

Regards,

Hitesh

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that we have redesigned Cockpit, powered by Gainsight Horizon experience, as part of the v6.18 release. The enhanced Cockpit has the following new capabilities:

• Update any CTA details directly from the Cockpit List View & Detail View pages by clicking on the field.
  • View the details of a CTA easily with Improved readability of fields, Two Column Layout, and Responsive width based on the screen size to the CTA Detail View page.
  • Tasks are displayed in a separate tab in the CTA Detail View screen, instead of an expand/collapse option in the Cockpit List View page. 
  • A new list view column is added to show the standard fields upfront. This option enables users to add any number of columns to the Cockpit List View page.
  • Reorder columns and sort on columns directly on the Cockpit List View page.
  • Filtering is much easier with a Basic and Advanced view creation experience.
  • Update/Apply filters directly from the Cockpit List View page. 
  • The color-coding of the Type, Status, and Reason columns are now based on admin colors defined.
  • The profile pictures of the users added to the User Management or My Profile page can be seen on the Cockpit page.

This feature is implemented in only the NXT version.

Thanks for posting!