Solved

Adding links to Salesforce Case/ Account / Opportunity in a Copilot Email

• 21 April 2017
  • 6 replies

I have been asked to create an automated email for our sales reps as a notification when our highest priority support cases are opened.  I know you can link Cases to a CTA, but this is not an option for a couple reasons. 

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have a link within the email that would allow the recipient to click on the account name or case # and be taken to that page within Salesforce.

I have tokenized some of the fields with case data as an FYI but my VP is adamant that they be clickable links (as if the sales reps can't master Copy/ Paste)

We have several other internal outreaches that would similiarly benefit from the ability to link to the corresponding Salesforce page.

Am I missing something or is this not possible at this time?
icon

Best answer by denim 21 April 2017, 19:13

View original

6 replies

Badge +1
Hey Matthew, 

We have is setup so the "case number" on our dashboards/reports is a clickable link back to SFDC; so it's possible. I wasn't part of that initial setup, so not 100% positive on what we did on the backend to make that happen. Not exactly helpful, but if I find out what was done I'll post back. 
Badge
Good idea Matthew! I wonder if you could spoof it by putting the id of the case in the token and butt that up against the https link. Something like this:

"This urgent case was just made on a key account: https://sfinstancenumber.salesforce.com/<Case_ID Token>"

No promises that works, but it is worth a test.
Badge
Note that you can grab your SFinstancenumber from any SFDC URL. Really just use the standard footer of all SFDC links and then try to do the above with the token.
Ben,  this worked!  Thank you.  To make it a bit "prettier" I used a button with a tag in it and it worked great.  Much appreciated!
Badge
Awesome! I may try this myself!
Badge +3
I love this thread!  Thanks for participating in the community, everyone.