Question

Rule to Fire CTA for drop in usage MoM

Badge
I'm trying to set up a calculated field to compare usage impressions month over month so a CTA will be triggered when usage dips by 50%+ from one month to the next.

1. I upload usage data to GS around the 20th of each month for the previous month so I was scheduling the rule to fire on the 24th of each month (in case I'm a day or two late). I use the first of the month as the date when I upload (so April usage is uploaded to 4/1/2016.)

2. Here's my thought - If I used "in the Past 2 months" this would bring me back to 3/23 so would capture the 4/1 data. Then, I could use "Prior 1 month" which would then go back to 2/23, allowing me to capture 3/1 data.... and this would calculate the percent difference between 4/1 and 3/1, right?

I set up and it did not work. It returned results for clients who's usage actually increased as well as decreased at a rate lower than 50%.

Am I over complicating this?! I would think this should be pretty standard.

Thanks for any help!

Jamie

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Jamie - What you need to setup is A -- "Past 4 weeks" and B -- "Prior 4 weeks". This will do a month over month comparison. Prior skips the past 4 weeks and goes beyond that.

Past will pick up the records in last 4 weeks, and if you do not have data for last 2 weeks and intend to run for the dates that the data is available, then do a manual run with 4/1 as the Rule date. 

Let me know if this helps or not.
Badge
Hi, 

I actually figured out my issue - I somehow had two separate usage fields with the same name that have two different values and I was using the wrong one in the calculated field. Thanks for your response!