Question

Outdated Support Documentation

This isn't product-related, but something I think affects a customer's ability to help themselves within the product.

When researching capabilities or features, I've noticed that old, outdated support documentation is still accessible online. Without the ability to order documents newest first, it gets confusing as to which document has the most up to date information. Even with the most recent documentation, I've found that information isn't updated to reflect product enhancements, which aren't kept in the same document library. This can become confusing if users have to look in several areas to find the right answer. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi Kaycee, thanks for sharing your feedback. We strive to keep our documentation up-to-date. Can you point me to the specific articles that you believe need updating? You can also email docs@gainsight.com (or lmeyer@gainsight.com) any time you think something is not current. 

I need a bit more information about what you're looking at in order to make any revisions.

Thanks!
One thing specifically was an FAQ document about Copilot: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Overview/CoPilot_FAQ.... The document states that copilot emails cannot be logged as SFDC activities, but information in the April 2016 release notes states otherwise: https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes/2016/08_Release_Notes%3A_Version_4.38_April_2016

It's good news for us, but is confusing to have to look in both places to figure out what the current capabilities are.

There was another inconsistency with copilot documentation related to Copilot not integrating with Marketo. I can see Marketo in the Integrations tab, but this might be related to integrating with the Rules Engine?
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Thanks for the additional information, it's very helpful. We did miss updating that CoPilot FAQ article, so I'll take care of that.

Regarding Marketo and CoPilot -- they don't integrate. But you're right in that Marketo can be used to send emails via the rules engine, or the Survey module.