Solved

Timeline-to-Salesforce-Task Sync causing Chatter notifications

• 15 May 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
  • Gainsight Employee: ACE
  • 550 replies
I heard from a couple folks on my team that, when Gainsight syncs a Timeline Activity to a Salesforce Task, they get a Chatter notification via email. We do not use Chatter, so it's unexpected from their side, and they don't know why "Seth has created a Task for them to do", and -- to top it off -- I don't know a thing about how to configure Chatter or Chatter Notifications 🙂 What would you recommend as a next step in this situation?
icon

Best answer by seth 17 May 2018, 15:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey Seth - do you think this thread might have information that you can share with your SFDC admin to turn those notifications off? https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gvbfAAA
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Thanks Dan. It turns out that it's actually because, in Chatter settings we have "All related objects" selected for Accounts. I'm telling my team just to turn off their Chatter email notifications :-)

I genuinely appreciate you just pointing me towards Salesforce config, though! I heard from them that it had only started happening recently, so I wondered if it might be part of a recent change on the Gainsight side, so it's useful to know "Nope, not us"
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Seth - can you tell me exactly where in Chatter settings this would be found?  We do use Chatter, and we're about to go live with GS in production and I really don't want our first day to end up flooding Sales with a bunch of chatter notifications for sync'd tasks.  

Appreciate your advice here!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Absolutely!

Setup > Build > Customize > Chatter > Feed Tracking > Account > scroll all the way to the bottom... > "All Related Objects" checkbox

You may also want to check out Feed Tracking > Task > look at the very top... > make sure "Enable Field Tracking" is not enabled.

That said, I didn't actually fiddle with either of these settings, so I can't be certain about exactly what behavior they would change. (We have Account All Related Objects checked, and Task Enable Field Tracking unchecked.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Awesome thanks Seth!