Multiple C360 Layouts

Related products: None

Hi All,

There are several posts and requests from customers to provide support for multiple C360 layouts . Some of the posts listed in the past few months in some form or the other leads to the same ask-

a. https://console.getsatisfaction.com/gainsight/conversations/c360-ability-to-customize-page-layout-by-csm-or-customer-segment

b.https://console.getsatisfaction.com/gainsight/conversations/is-restricting-who-can-see-various-layouts-views-on-the-roadmap

c.https://console.getsatisfaction.com/gainsight/conversations/showing-different-c360-sections-based-on-customer-attributes

d.https://console.getsatisfaction.com/gainsight/conversations/ability-to-customize-your-360-view-based-on-account-recordtype-from-salesforce

e.https://console.getsatisfaction.com/gainsight/conversations/separate-360-views-for-different-customer-segments

There are two schools of thought which we have heard so far -

i . Admin Driven Configuration - Admin defines the layouts applicable to the end user and account based on a combination of account attributes and the user attributes. For example -

1. User Specific Layouts - For a CSM , the layout defined for a customer might involve a holistic perspective of the entire customer but for a support user seeing the C360 , we might have a totally different kind of layout and sections configured which they want to see for a customer

2. Customer Segment Specific Layouts  - It might also be the case that you want to define layouts specific to the kind of customers in your customer base . You might have high touch and low touch customers or Enterprise , SMB customers in your customer base which you want to view differently

3. Combination of both 1 and 2 - The admin can configure different layouts which applies to a combination of account/customerinfo and user attributes.

When the end user navigates to a particular account , then we will identify the applicable layout for the combination of account and user configured by the admin and show the corresponding view.

Ii. End User Driven Personalization - The end user will have the ability to define the sections applicable to them and personalize their C360.

[i]In order to balance both i and ii mentioned above , what we are thinking of is the following -

a. Allow admins to define layouts applicable to a combination of account/user attributes

b. The end user will be able to see the layout configured to them but the user can personalise 

- The ordering of the sections 

- Delete sections from the view

These settings will be stored against the end user who performed these actions and will not impact the other users for whom the layout has been configured.

This gives the flexibility to an admin to restrict and define what the end user can see in their C360 but at the same time it allows the end user to personalize their C360 view for a customer applicable to a layout and maintain it accordingly.

Please free to post your thoughts , questions and suggestions here.

1. What do you think about the above proposal ?

2. What do you think is more important for your business needs - Admin Driven vs End User Personalization or is it both?

3. How many layouts do you see configuring for your business needs?

Your ideas and thoughts will help us in building the same. The caveat here is that not everything we have planned might come up in the first version but we will iterate towards the end goal.

Thanks

Abhishek S
This would be a great add! We have customers where the C360 section is very applicable and others where it is not relevant at all. Being able to set the view based on the customer at the admin level would be a huge win! Allowing users to remove sections would be great too. A suggestion would be to have a filter view similar to Cockpit that easily shows they removed sections for future reference. It would be great if the user applied filter of the sections was 'sticky' at the customer level though and not at the user so that they can set each customers C360 page to fit that customers needs.
Your approach sounds great. For us, being able to define different C360 layout for users, primarily based on Role is key. Our Enterprise teams versus SMB Teams focus on different things.
This is awesome! In my experience, I have typically seen the request to define layouts on the admin side more often. The user piece would just be an added bonus. My only suggestion would be to allow admins to toggle whether or not end users have the ability to personalize their views. Customers may not want to allow that globally.
I am really excited to see this come to fruition!  Joe's comments here are spot on (it's as if he is hearing my voice in his head, which he may be 😃 )

We absolutely need the ability for Admins to define the layout paramters.  By Segment or account characteristics would be the must have.  By User Role would be a nice add, but less necessary.

I believe end-user personalization could create consistency issues.  In our environment, we are trying to drive towards a globally-consistent workflow.  If each CSM can customize the C360 to their preference, that will cause issues when CSMs are covering for one other, or when training new CSMs, or general knowledge sharing.  Also it will add strain for the OPS/Admin teams when it comes to supporting individual CSMs if everyone is seeing their C360 in a different, custom way.

If you include End User personalization, Admins MUST have the ability to override and turn that off.
[i]I think at a minimum we would want the admin controls.  Giving the user individuality would just be icing on the cake.  

In our business we deal with Franchises - and may have relationships with both The franchisor (corp entity) and the franchisee (one location out of many under the corp entity).  The data to be displayed in each of these aspects would be entirely different if possible, but only now, we have half usable data when looking at a corp entity, and half usable data when looking at the franchisee.

Trying to remember why data isn't showing up on particular view, and why it is on others is a nuisance, and a cumbersome experience for the end user.  

I can see us taking this direction even further if possible, and customizing by relationship and vertical - but at minimum, we need to support the bifurcation of these views.  
Hi,

Thanks all for the feedback. We will be starting work on this soon!

Thanks

Abhishek S
Sorry I'm late to the party. I agree with most everyone. At a minimum, it would be great to be able to do it an admin level based on some sort of attribute. I'd be nervous about giving the end user full customization.
Hi All,

As you might have seen in the release notes for November, we have released the first version of Multiple C360 Layouts. You can see the detailed description with the steps to do it here - https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/235626068.

We would love to hear your feedback and comments regarding how we can make it better.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hello,

I've just started using the multiple C360 layouts and really like the option. My one piece of feedback however, would be to allow administration/permissions at the layout level instead of at the top layout level.

Currently, I can only set 1 piece of criteria (attribute) that is used to display a particular layout. However, I would like to be able to use multiple attributes to display completely different layouts

Ex.

Layout 1: Stage="Implementation" displays an Implementation layout

Layout 2: Platform="Hosted" displays a Hosted layout

Layout 3: Customer Type="High-touch" displays a High-touch layout

Customer Type="Medium-touch" displays a Medium-touch layout

Customer Type="Low-touch" displays a Low-touch layout

Layout4: Regi displays a layout for international customers
Hi Veronica, 

If Stage was Implementation and Platform was Hosted, then which layout would you expect to see? Would it be based on the layout display order or different criteria?
Hi Sidhu, we have created custom C360 sections for varying scenarios. So if Stage=Implementation and Platform=Hosted, we might display custom section 1 versus displaying custom section 2 if Stage=Implementation and Platform=Self-Hosted. As we technically have a 3rd non-specific Platform option, that would be our default layout.

Overall though, the goal would be to create a specific scenarios and then allow the default layout to pick up the 1-3 situations that do not meet exacting criteria.