JO: Add a "Preview Results" option to the Power List criteria page

• 23 March 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When I am building criteria for a Rule in the Rules Engine, the Preview Results is a very handy tool to help me determine if my criteria is on point or not.

This is sorely need for Power Lists in Co-Pilot.  I currently have to Save and Refresh, then go back out to the main Power List screen to see if I have captured any results...OR wait for the email to arrive in my inbox.

4 replies

Would also love to be able to just Save a Power List.  There are many times I don't need it to actually run, just want to save my criteria.
Userlevel 5
I understand bringing up a preview is desired, but that involves two queries to SFDC and will not be exactly be responsive when triggered from UI. We are considering it in out next redesign. 

Mike - Got your point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Agree with Jeff. I try to build what I'm looking for in Reports first, and then, build it in Copilot, but then, I have to wait and see if I got it right. This takes a really long time when I have to continue to make tweaks and wait for the response.
Badge +1
I have another client who would like the ability to preview a power list before running an AO. They don't feel comfortable just letting it run without a rough idea of who is getting it - at least with the current list at the moment the AO is being generated.

Is this feature on the horizon?