Allow Sorting in UI View Reports

Related products: None

It would be great if sorting (by date for example) was allowed in reports created in the UI.  We have to create some of our reports that are used on the Customer 360 via the UI so that there is a link to open that exact record (activities for example).  It would be great if we were able to sort the UI view so that it automatically showed newest on top, just like how Salesforce Related Lists work.  
this would be a huge help to sorting reports this way, and having more ability to interact with the reports.
Yes - this is really critical. Users expect to see things in C360 similarly to the Account Page. I have had users miss an Opportunity because the sorting is nonsensical on the C360. Significant usability issue.
Definitely agree that sorting in reports is a great ask. We have reports on a dashboard view that show recent survey responses, for example, but there's no way for us to sort the dashboard (and have it stick) so that it shows the most recent date on top (to my knowledge). It auto-sorts it by Account Name.
Gainsight Team - any update on this request? Best I can tell, you can sort a report in the Report Builder, but that option is not adhered to when the report is displayed on the C360.
Hi Kristin,

Have you tried the Ranking option(Gear icon | Ranking ) in report builder? You can select the field on which ranking should be applied and configure the # of records to display. The config is sticky and will be carried over in C360 and dashboards. Please try and let me know if this satisfies your use case.

Thanks,

Sumesh    
Hi Sumesh -

Thanks for the guidance. Yes the ranking option works. Still seems odd that sorting is not sticky, but I am glad to have found a solution.

Kristin
I have tried the ranking option and that works in reports 2.0.  However, we need the link to the opportunity or activity to show in the customer 360 and to get that functionality we need to use UI view reports.  
Ellen - To be specific, you need the link to the SFDC object that shows in the views right?
Yes, we need the "eyeball" to appear on the right so reps can click into the SFDC object for viewing/editing.  
It looks like with a new release we are able to get the "eyeball" link to appear in Reports 2.0 which solves the problem.  Thanks!
Sorting in reports is basic and needed, with/without the eyeball icon.
Currently the UI View on the customers tab automatically sorts the list alphabetically by customers. Is there a way to sort the list by dates (sorted by recent to oldest)?

For example: I created a UI for customers renewing this quarter. I would like the list to be sorted by renewal dates by default. Currently the only way to sort the list by renewal date is to select the view and sort the list manually. any tips on how to do this?