Solved

Is it possible to customize how CoPilot Outreaches Log in Gainsight and SFDC?

• 17 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
We have a series of Outreaches via CoPilot that are sent to our users based on usage levels. This automation is in place to assist our CSMs and to remind our users to log in to our platform.

I love that these Outreach emails log in the c360 page in Activity History and also in SFDC. However, it looks like the emails will log with the name being pulled in from the Subject Line of that Email Template. 

I was wondering if there was a way to customize how the name of these emails log in Gainsight and SFDC?

Changing the subject line in Email Templates wouldn't work since we want the emails to contain this when sent to our clients. However, this doesn't translate well when the email is logged since it's not clear to our CSMs which email in the sequence this falls under. Rather than having them remember the subject lines for each email (too many to remember accurately), I was wondering if we had any control over the logging of the Outreach? 

Thanks! 
icon

Best answer by ben 13 April 2018, 13:50

View original

6 replies

Badge
Hey Manmeet,

Great question! I'll start by saying there isn't an easy answer to get everything you want, although you can get some of it. We were able to develop a separate logging workflow for our automated renewal outreaches. This was necessary as we wanted interactions logged on Opportunities rather than Accounts (Accounts is the hardcoded setting that is built-in to CoPilot).

There are major downsides to our solution as well. First, there is no good way to log the body of the email. To my knowledge, this is a limitation of Salesforce. The other thing that we've struggled with is consistency of this workflow. We had to add a field to the Email Logs object that pulls in the current open renewal Opportunity name and ID. This is then used to pair against the emails that are sent from CoPilot, before finally logging back to the Opp. This is done in a Rule Chain. The unfortunate bit is that it is very flaky and delicate. 

I would love if there were more overall options in how emails were logged as part of CoPilot. I envision something that would allow you to select to log on the Object(s) you're using in your PowerList or the account, and then also other features like Subject line (as you described). This would allow for greater flexibility and visibility to all aspects of our business.
Badge
Hi Ben,

Thank you for that detailed response! Yeah it sounds like this is just the way it is. I will just have to be clear on training the CSMs how these Outreaches are logging in Gainsight and SFDC. 

I do agree about more options on how emails were logged, that would be very beneficial and gives us more control. 
Hi Manmeet,

This is a unique use case which we have not heard from many customers. The concept of logging the emails has been to log the exact way in which the emails was sent and the need for customizing might actually lead to confusion with respect to what happened and what logged if you were to look at past activities.

I will see if we hear this use case from other customers as well and would like to understand more about similar needs.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Badge
Quick update. I was recently able to accomplish what you’re looking for, assuming you use Advanced Outreach. First, log the email using the AO. This will log as it always has and as you described. Then you can make a bionic rule reporting on “Tasks” from Salesforce and pluck the Tasks with subject lines you want to update. Finally, your action on the rule will be to update the subject to your desired name. You’ll have to repeat for each unique subject line situation.

Tedious, yes, but the end result is there! My use Case is slightly different. I plan to actually do the same, but update the “Related To” field rather than the Subject. This will allow me to have automated renewal emails show in Activity History on the renewal Opp they correlate to. The nice part is that since it’s AO, the body is included!
Badge
Sounds good! Yeah it's no problem, our CSMs have gotten used to how they log in SFDC. 
Badge
Hey Ben!

Thanks for that follow up. I will take a look into setting this up, thanks a lot for the suggestion!