Option to set Objective CTA due dates to the Success Plan Due Date

Related products: None

My team has been asking me to set the default due date of Objective CTAs to the due date of the Success Plan so they don't have to pick a due date every time they create a new Objective.

We are going to implement some templates they can use to save them some time, but I imagine this as a setting for Success Plans that tells new Objectives what date to use by default.  This could be very similar to how Tasks have options to be due based on a variety of relative dates when you're building a playbook.

I haven't been able to find another way to accomplish this, and my team prefers to have fewer clicks wherever possible, especially for our highest value portfolio.
Hi Bradin,

I see two enhancements here -

1. While creating manual objectives, due date should default to success plan due date

2. In success plan templates, due date should have more configurable options (just like tasks in playbooks do)

Which of these is more relevant for you. #2 is already in our roadmap and we will implement it soon. I will keep you updated about the ETA.

Thanks,

Nitisha
The request I received was more for the first enhancement.  I was thinking I could set the default due date of new Objectives based on the Plan Type.  I know that our use case is a bit different than your standard approach to building a success plan.

And for the second, I think that regardless of whether it's a plan template or a new Objective, having additional due date options like "Plan Due Date - ____ days" would be useful for CS when creating their own Objectives.
Thanks, Bradin. We will prioritise this enhancement based on the number of customers asking for it. I will keep you updated about the status.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Why, when you apply a template to a Success Plan, does it not default the CTA due date to the due date of the Success Plan?

This is a point of frustration for our team.