Solved

Copilot action triggers cta

Not sure if this is currently possible, but I'd like to trigger a CTA if a customer clicks on the link of an email via Copilot. The goal is to create a CTA from the most interested customers who are clicking the link for more information.

Is that possible today? If not, is it on the roadmap?

Thanks.

Oz
icon

Best answer by anusha_grandhi 24 May 2016, 07:51

View original

4 replies

Hi Oz:

This is definitely possible today.  You'll use the Email Logs subject area which is where open rates are stored.  You'll need the Account Id in the show section of the rule.  In the filter section of the rule, you could add Clicked greater or equal to 1.  The other filter needed will be Template Name or Batch Name to drill down to the specific outreach.  

If you don't want to specify an Outreach then you can add a filter for date (i.e. Triggered Date of yesterday) if you want CTAs for all Outreaches that are scheduled as opposed to one specific Outreach.

Let me know if this helps.

Scott
Thanks for the quick response Scott. I'm not sure I follow though.

So do I start in the Rules Engine or somewhere else? If in the Rules Engine, then which source object am I selecting?

I appreciate any further clarification you can provide.
Hi oz:

This is possible through rules engine. We can select source object as Matrix Data and Email logs collection. Below is the screenshot for 'setup rule for cta'

Please let me know if it helps.
Badge
Hi -- good examples of how you can do this in 2 separate processes, but not as a single unit of work.

This is connected (at least in my mind! 😉 to the idea that everything -- rules engine, copilot, and reports -- should run off a consistent query model. And then what I think we want is an action model that follows.

I have a similar challenge in that I need to trigger an email and then want to update a Salesforce object. I can write the power list in Copilot and then schedule that and then later in the day write the same query in rules engine to finish the job. Or I can do it all in one rule but then need to not use the Copilot template but rather a Salesforce template because the "send email" action hasn't been updated to use Copilot.

The growth in functionality is amazing and valuable. Now we just need unified access and experience!