Solved

Advanced Outreach: Creating a CTA, is it possible to limit to once per account?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I created an Advanced Outreach with a final step of Create CTA'. Ran test contacts through this weekend and realized the CTA is created for each contact that enters and is not unique to Account. Is it possible to trigger once in

a lifetime or once per account like what a normal CTA has?

Or is

there a setting elsewhere that I haven’t considered that would limit to

creating a single CTA per account? I checked the AO configuration documentation

that details creating CTAs but did not find anything that highlights

differences between creating it in the AO vs creating a CTA independently.
icon

Best answer by abhishek_sivaraman 22 May 2018, 05:52

View original

8 replies

Badge
Great question. We have begun a project for some updates AOs at our org that would end in a CTA. In many instances, they too would have multiple contacts from the same Account, so we will likely hit this too.

I think AO is all built based on a given participant that is pulled it. The system can, theoretically, know if two participants are from the same org, but I don't think it allows you to limit against that. My gut tells me this is an Idea that Gainsight will have to review.
Badge +1
I guess one workaround would be to have the same subject per customer, so even if multiple people from the same customer reply, you only get one CTA. I know, not ideal but might be a workaround. I wish the CTAs within the OA would be at the same level as with the standard CTA functionality.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
It looks like the option that exists in the rules engine to create CTA once in X days is not available in advanced outreaches. In rules, that feature uses the rule id, action id and account id as the identifiers to see if a CTA was created in the past. Maybe we can get some input from product to see if this is on the roadmap.

As a workaround, you may be able to run a rule sourcing the CTA object to populate a boolean field created on customer info that you can reference in the conditional wait as a calculated field.

Or better yet, just query the Call to Action object directly in the conditional wait! I have not tested this 🙂
Hi Kelly,

It is definitely possible to limit CTA creation to once per account. I assume you have used name as identifier in the CTA configuration which has led to CTA created per contact. Could you please check that setting in the Create CTA configuration? It can be found here - 

@Ben - To your point , if there are multiple contacts linked to the same account and in their individual journey , there comes a need to create CTA but at the same time we dont want to create multiple CTAs and want to have only one per account , what happens is that

The different contacts get associated to the same CTA created and this can be accessed in Cockpit detailed view . For more details , please refer the Create and Close CTA section in this link - https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...

Thanks

Abhishek S
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@Abishek - correct, I included name as identifier. 

Defined under Creating and Closing CTAs from Rules Engine: 

• Include in identifiers: adds the CTA's name as part of the duplicate checker criteria for the Rules Engine. If there's an existing CTA for an account, but the CTA names have different values, then the rule will create the new CTA. If the CTA names are the same, and the CTA Type and Reason are the same, then a new CTA will not be created. The rule will simply update the existing CTA. The playbook chosen in this step will only be applied if a playbook was not previously assigned.
So, since ours was checked, it should have only created one CTA, right? Is it because two contacts entered at identical times, it can't prevent it in that instance? Or is this not the expected behavior and it's something I should open a ticket for?
Hi Kelly,

When you used name as identifier in the create cta action, did you add any tokens to the CTA name which will make the CTA name unique per contact?

Thanks

Abhishek S
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
No, I had not included a token. 
Hi Kelly,

Can you raise a support ticket for this? We have to check the details to understand better.

Thanks

Abhishek S