Ability to override overall score and add a comment to overall score with scorecard 2.0

Related products: None

This is not about the exception logic! Scorecard 2.0 is great but when the rollup feature is selected you are no longer able to use a rule to write a comment to the overall score comment section. We are also unable to use a rule to override the entire score by looking at an account attribute (we do not want to add another measure to the scorecard). 
Hi Andy,

Let us say we introduce the ability to set overall score via rules engine even if weights are defined for the scorecard.

a. You create rules to set the overall score and the overall score was set for the customers. Then , one/many of your measures which are marked  manual is changed by the CSM. This will trigger the overall score to be calculated and will override the score set by previous rule.Does that behaviour work for you?

b . The sequencing of rules becomes important in this scenario because , if you set the exception rule for overall score to be triggered and then have the rules for setting the measure scores this will lead to two different scores in the scenario.

c. How do you intend to use the comments field to communicate to the CSM/executives that the overall score was set by Rules and not the measures configured below?

Thanks

Abhishek S
a) we are not using any manual scores

b) we have set the order of rules to run very last for these overrides

c) example the text would read "The overall score has been changed to RED because the customer's risk of leaving is set to high"
Hi Andrew, can you expand a little into the use case where you'd want to impact the overall score from an Account attribute that is NOT part of the score calculus? 

I'm trying to think of a scenario where something that has the potential to impact score would NOT be included in the score. If you have something in mind that would be very helpful. 
We do not want to "muddy" up he scorecard with more measures that is what happened last time and we ended up with 22 measures. So we have the main measures built and then one off situations where if a certain account attribute is selected then the customer overall score turns RED or Yellow and mark that in the overall comments section. We do not want to have multiple scores to run through but I am still considering adding measures to accomplish this. but still would need to ability to write a comment to the overall score. 
So, let me see if I understand it right - you have a few SFDC account attributes that normally you don't care about (they aren't part of the health score at all), but if they are above or below a certain threshold or if they are a selected status, then they DO become critical to the health score. Is that generally right?

What if you created a single health score bucket that was called "SFDC Exceptions" and would be the catch all for the attributes that normally don't count but if any of them do count, they suddenly become critically important - or at least important enough to override the score to yellow or red? You could use rules to check for the conditions on any of those SFDC attributes and conditionally write to the score if the threshold criteria is met.

This would also let you use the exception handling in Scorecards 2.0 to set the overall score. 

Writing to top level comments is still a challenge though. 
I am open to that but the overall comments is still an issue.