The Open Cases object in the summary widget should be configurable.

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

The Open Cases in the summary widget take its number from Salesforce Cases. But shouldn't it be configurable based on whether we are using salesforce cases, zendesk cases or whatever support system we are using
Hi Meenal - Please see this support article to change the widget to show Zendesk tickets or from another object instead:

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Customers_and_Relationships/Admin_Configuration/...

Specifically:

[i]Widget: Open Cases

[i]By [i]default[i] the Open Cases widget shows the number of support cases housed in the Salesforce Case Object where status is not closed.

[i]You can point to another object or change the parameter by changing the simple query we have in place. To do this, from the Salesforce Developer Console you will query the widgets using the following query:  

[i]Select id, name, JBCXM__Active__c, JBCXM__QueryOption__c, JBCXM__SystemName__c, JBCXM__Title__c from JBCXM__Widgets__c

[i]Edit the JSON in JBCXM__QueryOption__c of the Widget titles ‘Open Cases’ to make changes.

[i]If for example, you wanted to point to the Zendesk object you would replace the JSON with the following and then click save:

[i]{"AccountlookupName":"Zendesk__Organization__c","fieldSet":{"objectName": "Zendesk__Zendesk_Ticket__c","name": "Id","label": "Id","graphType": "","aggType": "COUNT","aliasName": "","fieldType": "ID"},"filterConditions": [{"name": "Zendesk__Status__c","value": "('Solved','closed')","objectName": "Zendesk__Zendesk_Ticket__c","fieldType": "PICKLIST","operator": "x"}]}

This works only for the Zendesk to SFDC sync - not our Zendesk to Gainsight Sync
Marie - Can you not change the above query to point to the ZD to GS Sync table instead?
No, because it lives in the MDA
Guys is there a workaround to leverage the data from the ZD to GS Sync?
Would love to know more about this as we would like to change our C360 widget to show Zendesk cases, along with the mobile widget
Hey Scott,

This document touches on how to edit the JSON to change the widget to look at Zendesk tickets. Looks for the section titled 'Widget: Open Cases'.