Ability to create a CTA from Copilot email

• 27 April 2017
  • 8 replies

Is there a way to create a CTA off of customer engagement on a Copilot email? For example, email opens and clicks would create a CTA? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Angela,

You can absolutely use email activities to create a CTA. You'd want to use the Email Logs object as your source and then add appropriate filters and conditions to create your set for creation of the CTA. Check out: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CTAS_Tasks_and_Playbooks/Admin_Configuration/11_...
Thanks Dan! I think I was able to figure out how to create the CTAs. However, I can't link the CTA to the CSM because the account fields are unavailable under Email Logs. Is there a workaround for this? 
Hi Angela,

Can you try creating a Bionic rule with the following tasks and see if it works for you?

1) Create a Dataset task using Email Logs as source and add required show fields and criteria

2) Create a Dataset task using Account object as source and add Account fields needed for CTA action along with Account ID

3) Create a Merge task by mapping Account ID from above source and select the required fields needed for CTA action

4) Create a CTA action using the Account fields

Let us know should you need more details.
I'm not seeing the option to pull in Email Logs as a source in the Bionic rule set up even though I see it as an option in a regular Custom rule.
Hi Angela,

We are looking to solve this request through Advanced Outreach where in future based on Email Action like Open, Link clicked or Survey responded you will be able to Create CTA or Set Score for that particular account. This is on our roadmap for Fall Release-2017
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Angela, Changed this post type to Idea since it is considered by PM. 
Badge
Is this a feature now? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jahnavi, we shipped an update to Bionic rules in the summer release (September) that allows use of the Email Logs object as a source. This enables the solution that Gayathri identifes above. 

Creation of a CTA via rule using data from the Email Logs table is a great use case and you should be able to do this today. 

We still are planning on our longer term roadmap to allow creation of actions (like create a CTA or set a score) as part of an Advanced Outreach journey, but Bionic rules are the way to go for right now.