Solved

How do you pull CoPilot analytics into your scorecard?

• 18 August 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • Shoshin
  • 314 replies
We are looking to update our Scorecard. The end goal is to both have scores that are accurate to our customer's health and categories our CSMs can take action on toward improvement. This allows us to build a "circle of change" where we see an area for improvement, take an action, and see a positive change in that area.

One thing that would go a long way with this is to include CoPilot analytic data in the scorecard. My issue is that I cannot seem to figure out how to do that. Any guidance on how to setup the rule to make that possible?
icon

Best answer by roshan_rahim_chittoor 27 March 2017, 10:46

View original

4 replies

Hi Ben,

I have some experience building out this type of Scorecard measure. We recently tested out an 'Email Engagement' measure to track if customers were engaging with our CoPilot emails.

These rules were based on the Email Logs (MDA) Object, which is where CoPilot Analytics pull from. An example set up of this would look like:

• 'Setup Rule' filter was Email Logs 'Triggered Date' = Last 30 days (so only looking at the past month of emails). 
  • 'Setup Action' was (1) If Open Count = 0, Scorecard = red, (2) if Open Count is between 1 and 50, Scorecard = yellow, (3) if Open Count is 50+, Scorecard = green
You should base your Scorecard thresholds on whatever Open Count gradient makes sense for your customers, of course.

On the Email Logs MDA object you have a lot of cool options! You can look at Open Count, Click Count, you can filter by Email Batch, Triggered Date, User Name, Template Name, and more.

Hope this helps!

Ethan
Badge
Perfect! Thanks Ethan. That works great.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
In addition to the [i]threshold-based mechanism Ethan explained above, there are two more ways to get the score you need:

• Assign the sum of email opens (or whatever engagement metric you pull and aggregate into your rule) directly to the Scorecard measure, and then select the option to auto-scale between 0 and 100.

• Another way to implement this is via Smart Signs. You'd have to first build a rule that aggregates the email activity to the account level, on a weekly or monthly basis, and then writes it to our Usage Data object in Salesforce. Once the various engagement trends are available this way, you can create a Smart Sign measure that automatically assigns an engagement score, based on the engagement metrics selected (and whether more is good or bad). Smart Signs also have the ability to normalize these engagement metrics using the count of users/licenses, for example, so that the score reflects engagement per user within each Account. 
Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Manu
Hi Guys,

We have created a tutorial based on this community post, please have a look. https://support.gainsight.com/Product...

Thanks,

Roshan

Product Documentation Team