Solved

One NPS Survey, sent over and over

• 2 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • Gainsight Employee: ACE
  • 550 replies
I'd like to set up an "always-on" NPS survey, where the same survey is live for forever, and gets emailed to customers quarterly. (It's "always-on" since the quarters are based on the [i]contract quarters, not [i]calendar quarters, so a batch of invitations go out every month.)

I'm worried, though, that I'm not thinking of some tricky corner-cases that I'm setting myself up for!

1. Can the same survey respondent fill out the same survey over and over, so long as the previous response has been submitted (or partial-submitted)?

2. When they pull up the survey, will their prior response be pre-populated?

3. Will CTA creation work as normal for each response from the same respondent?

4. Will the 'Surveys' section of C360 display each response separately?

5. If we ever edit a question or answer, I imagine that, when I look up old responses to the question, it will show with the [i]new question language. I can work around that by always deleting a question and replacing it with a question with the new wording. However, will that also delete old responses to the question? Would I be better off by just completely replacing the survey with a new, edited copy of the survey?
Thanks!
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 2 October 2017, 22:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey Seth! It sounds like you're trying to accomplish a rolling NPS program, right? We have a tutorial for this (it's set up around a monthly program, but you could modify it for quarterly). Check it out here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Examples_and_Tutoria...

Take a look and see if this helps with what you're trying to accomplish. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Thanks Dan! I'm looking forward to looking into it in-depth.

FWIW, I think there's a better way to achieve the date limitations, than is described in the tutorial.

I created a Salesforce Formula Field, Integer, to give me the month of a customer's start date:

MONTH(dateCustomerStart__c)

I then created a Formula Field, Checkbox, to tell me whether I should be sending the survey "this month":

MONTH(TODAY())= Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())+ 3 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())+ 6 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())+ 9 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())- 3 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())- 6 = Customer_Start_Month__c ||

MONTH(TODAY())- 9 = Customer_Start_Month__c
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Two more things:

• Thanks to Advanced Outreach using the Bionic framework, you're able to skip the Contact field of "NPS survey this month?" (and then perpetually keeping that data clean). Right in the Advanced Outreach, you can pull the list of potential survey recipients, join it with a list of people who have filled out the survey recently, and exclude those individuals with a recent response.

• While the tutorial is helpful, it doesn't actually answer my questions about the survey behavior 🙂 Should I shoot them to support?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey Seth - the more I think about this and with some other conversations on community - the concept of a rolling survey program is probably a lot easier to do with bionic queries now vs. the tutorial on our support site. I'm going to check with our docs folks to see if that could be updated to represent new functionality. 

Let me tag our Product Management survey expert to see if he can join in and help with your question #5 above. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Thanks, Dan. I ended up tossing the questions to support, so Alex filled me in that questions cannot be deleted once they have responses. It'd be great to hear from the product manager, though, what they'd recommend for making tweaks to a survey over time. The current front-runner plan in my mind is to change the survey that's used in the Advanced Outreach to a new version of the survey.