Develop standards and style guide for platform terms

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

Throughout the platform there are little differences in terms for things that suggest there is no style guide or standards for the way things are named. I like to call this the CTA Group Problem. Here are some examples:

The page title on Report Builder is Reports 2.0

For date filters in reports FY is Current and Previous, Month is This and Last, but also "Current and Previous", Weeks are also This and Last. 

FY, FQ, CY, CQ are needlessly confusing as abbreviations and make the dropdown search difficult to use. 

In reports, Calls To Action have "Assignees", but in creating playbook tasks I can assign the task to the "CTA Owner". It seems like Success Plans have owners and CTAs should have assignees. 

Consistency would help with usability, I'm always guessing when navigating menus which thing I'm looking for, "Is it This FY or Current FY?"
100% Agree.  This is one of our biggest complaints. So many of the controls work differently from one screen to another, it's maddening.
Amen!  I know there are several other instances like this and it's not only confusing from a Admin perspective when trying to ensure I have the right fields and am showing the right data, but those field names show on reports to the end users.  While we can change the field names for tabular report columns, we can't change them in the drill down boxes and now end users are trying to understand why they are a owner in some cases and an assignee in others.
Scotty - I totally agree!  I've previously created a similar post here: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/request-for-consistency-in-design
I can't update the post, but here's another one: Rules Engine also has the title tag Rules Manager.
@ All, I totally agree with you. We will take this feedback and will revisit the user experience.

Thanks for bringing this up.