Admin Training Corner Series - Resources

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Who, What, Where???

If being a new Gainsight Admin has you a bit overwhelmed and feeling like you’re drinking from the firehose, I wanted to share some resources to help you get organized.  

• First, let’s start with Gainsight University. 🎓   As the name implies, GS U has lots of learning content across the entire Gainsight platform for everyone from new end users to admins to leaders.  Here you can also find information on Certifications and our Live Training Events!  We offer a variety of Live Training Events including Admin Instructor Led courses on our top features as well as training on other products.  Additionally, here are some Practice Exercises you can try out.  Contact training@gainsight.com for a training environment to safely practice and feel confident before configuring in your own environment.
  • Speaking of Certifications… if you’re working on Gainsight Admin Level 3 Certification, there is an Admin Certification Office Hours where we discuss the exam content, format, and some prep tips.  There will be three sessions hosted this Wednesday, April 19th across different time zones.  Bring your questions and get some answers!
  • Are you a Slacker?  Have you heard about the Global Gainsight Admin Slack channel?  If not, sign up today and check it out. This channel is managed by some of our most experienced Gainsight Admin customers who use this channel to stay connected and share ideas. 💡
  • And, of course, we can’t fail to mention Gainsight Community!!  While we have our own Beginner Admins in Training Community space here we also have the broader Community of Gainsight users.  Did you know the Gainsight product team reviews all Community posts and answers technical questions as well as evaluates ideas for future enhancements?
  • Lastly, there is the annual Gainsight Pulse event that you want to check out.  Here’s a video from Nick with all the details and the website to learn all about what is happening at Pulse 2023.

What other tools have you used to help you develop as a GS Admin?  

Drop it in the comments so we can share it with others. 

Have a great week and we will be dropping another puzzle soon!😉

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I would love to know if there are Gainsight Admin mentors! I am new(ish) to the Admin role and would love to have a mentor! I am level 1 certified and working towards my level 2, so it would be helpful to be able to meet with someone regularly to talk to them and see what their admin experience is like, etc. 

@lisa.mirth 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@blemire0112 thank you for asking!!  We have a CS Ops Mentor Program and danielleallwood@gainsight.com can share more information about how to join and get started!!

Badge +1

@lisa.mirth Thank you so much!

@blemire0112 Hi Brandy!

We’re so excited about your interest in our CS Ops Mentor Program

We believe that mentorship is a valuable tool for both new and experienced professionals in their personal and career development. In our program:

• Mentors can expand your network, build coaching and people skills, while reinforcing your knowledge on subject matters and offering mentees a different perspective. 
  • Mentees have an opportunity to match with a mentor based on the knowledge and goals you share, and receive personalized advice on how to develop your skills. 

So, we’re looking forward to you becoming a mentor, mentee or both! We'll be excited to have you as a part of our community

Best,

Danielle Allwood

Gainsight 

CS Ops Mentor Program Coordinator

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@lisa.mirth  - can you share how I can update my badges in my profile? I just completed my Level 2 Admin: Reports and Dashboards (April 28) and Journey Orchestrator and Surveys (May 5), but my profile is still only showing my badge for Associate Admin. 

Thanks

Brandy

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@lisa.mirth  I just completed my Level 2 Admin: Reports and Dashboards (April 28) and Journey Orchestrator and Surveys (May 5) 

Brandy, congratulations 🎉🎉🎉 on passing both of the Level 2 exams! 

@lila_meyer can you help Brandy display those badges proudly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@blemire0112 see this post for requesting help displaying badges on your Community profile!

Badge +4

Hello! 

How can I get an invite to the GS Slack channel for Admins?

Thank you

Amy

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ahollen Here’s the join link: https://join.slack.com/t/globalgainsightadmins/shared_invite/zt-1votk95ir-5c98zXQ6lRU6gskNRDwO9Q

For others who find this in the future, the join link expires after 30 days but any current member can share the join link with others.

The slack channel link is no longer active. You might want to update this article.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Eve 

Sorry about that and thanks for alerting us! 🙌🏽

We’ve updated it with the new link - you should be able to access it now.

Thank you!