Customer Goals Look Up in Success Plan Object

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

We recently rolled out Customer Goals and in looking to add the details of associated Customer Goals to our Success Plan reporting, we discovered that the Customer Goals look up in the Success Plan object does not work.  Two workarounds provided by Support:

1. Build Reporting on the Customer Goals Association object - this works, but isn’t a great workaround if you want to add Customer Goals to existing Success Plan reporting.
  2. Use Rules Engine to load the Customer Goals Association GSID to the Success Plan object. - this should also work, but I don’t believe you should need to do this.  The look up should work if it’s there.

This seems like a miss, and needs to be addressed ASAP for customers to feel confident in implementing Customer Goals.

@bradybluhm also per our discussion.

+1

Customer Goals and Success Plans are two-in-a-box, in my mind. They should have significant interoperability, and offer an awesome toolset--when fully functional--to help CSMs up-level conversations with customers. Going to work-arounds this early in the “Customer Goals lifecycle” would give me pause to roll that feature out.

+1 To the above!
We are just in the early stages to implement Customer Goals and these kinds of “gotchas” are very good reasons to delay deployment 😓

Seems like lookups relating to Goals in some in way in general just don’t really work 

@Bhawya for your attention. I have added to PB as a Feature Request under Acquia

Just commenting here again that this is a major hurdle for us in driving Customer Goals adoption.  We need to be able to incorporate customer goals into our existing Success Plan reporting, and that’s just not currently possible.

Had similar feedback from a client of mine recently 

@Bhawya @manu_mittal More details on the lookup between Success Plans and Customer Goals

@bradybluhm In the current implementation, all the association details for a customer goals are captured in ‘Customer Goals Association’ object. So, for reporting on the associations for customer goals/success plans this object needs to be used along with Success Plan/customer goal object.

@bradybluhm In the current implementation, all the association details for a customer goals are captured in ‘Customer Goals Association’ object. So, for reporting on the associations for customer goals/success plans this object needs to be used along with Success Plan/customer goal object.

I believe that is the issue @heather_hansen is calling out that needs to be addressed. Do you have any comment on any plans to address the concerns raised in this thread?

@Bhawya That works fine for any new reporting.  My concern centers around the fact that we have existing Success Plan reporting that will need to be entirely rebuilt to add in any Goal details.  It’s a large lift in our case as we are long time users of Success Plans.