Gainsight Admin Profile - Jon Parker: Learning on the Job

Gainsight Admin Profile - Jon Parker: Learning on the Job
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jparker had never even heard of Gainsight or Customer Success back in November 2021, when he was preparing for a job interview. Jon reached out to Gainsight’s training team to request an org to explore, and started taking our free online training. These resources and his previous work experience helped him get through that first interview, and ultimately he landed a new role as a Sr. Engineer in Customer Success. His “crash course” in Gainsight administration really took off in December, when he took our live instructor-led training, and started rolling out processes for the CS team. 

My previous roles and experience made me very much a generalist, and … being a Gainsight administrator would suit that type of person. The range of things within Gainsight is pretty vast... so that’s probably what’s made me take to it quickly as well. 

What Jon is looking forward to rolling out in Gainsight:

I’m looking forward to getting experience with Scorecards… that’s such a huge part of customer success. We’re not using Success Plans yet, and we have a big initiative around tech touch… so that’s going to be really exciting to work on.

Why he decided to try for the Level 3 Gainsight Admin certification:

I had a feeling that I was making good progress, but it was definitely nice to validate. The accreditation is obviously valuable in the future too, so it’s good to have it from that point of view.

Hear more of Jon’s story in the video below!

2 replies

Badge +4

What an awesome story!  You are certainly setting a standard for this role that is impressive and inspiring. GREAT job, @jonparker!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Edited to notify the @jparker account, Jon uses.