US Admin Office Hours (Tuesday session) - 07/19/22 - 1 pm PT / 2pm MT / 3pm CT / 4pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello all = my apologies for the late notice, but I have to cancel today’s session of Office Hours (Tuesday 7/19).

I was hoping my voice would be back but it it not . . . already had to cancel out of earlier calls as well.

I will take a look later this afternoon at questions and see if I can provide some answers in the thread.  Again, my apologies for the inconvenience but with no voice I won’t be much help.

I will see you on Thursday!

Scott

7 replies

Badge

Hi Scott, 

I have a question about populating a new field on Company with a Max date from Case. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

We have a Related Account custom MDA that holds all our accounts.  Accounts are designated as either a Company or added to a Relationship associated to a Company based on 2 ownership fields in SF.  When this hierarchy changes usually due to a divestiture, the Related Account’s association is moved to a new company and relationship by changing the ownership fields in SF.   The association changes, but the contacts do not follow.  We have a rule that sets the contact to Inactive when the Related Account moves out of the hierarchy.  That works correctly. 

The problem is that I need the contact to then be associated with the new Company and Relationship.  How do I make that happen?  One option seems to be to delete the Company Person record in Data Management, but will that accomplish what I need?   What other ramifications are associated with deleting the record?  Are past Timeline entries or JO records in a cascade effect?   What other options are there to address this problem?  

Thanks,

Rhonda

Hey scott,

going to drop the question but might show up a bit later. I need some assistance on some SFDC rule that we have to sync over accounts by ‘account owner’, thanks!

Badge

Hi Scott, 

I am needing help with rules for populating Contacts in SFDC.
Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello all - I edited my post above to cancel this sessions but putting it in a reply here as well for people.

My apologies for the late notice, but I have to cancel today’s session of Office Hours (Tuesday 7/19).

I was hoping my voice would be back but it it not . . . already had to cancel out of earlier calls as well.

I will take a look later this afternoon at questions and see if I can provide some answers in the thread.  Again, my apologies for the inconvenience but with no voice I won’t be much help.

Scott

Hello all - I edited my post above to cancel this sessions but putting it in a reply here as well for people.

My apologies for the late notice, but I have to cancel today’s session of Office Hours (Tuesday 7/19).

Scott

Feel better man!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Scott,

I figured out my answer for the “Sponsor Tracking Notifications”.  If you are curious, hit me up and I will share with you what I found.

Travis