Add Local Time (User TZ) vs Listed Time Callout to Rules History / Connectors Activity / etc

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

As someone working in several orgs outside my local timezone, it would be AWESOME if we could add a simple text callout somewhere on the various “execution history” pages with “current local time / current org time”.

As it stands, I practically have to keep a post-it for each org for every area of the program where times listed are not in my local TZ. It’s a little tedious and can lead to silly misunderstandings, which could be immediately cleared up by a handy callout.

See my next level graphic design mock-up below…

Can I piggyback on to this to request some consistency in the labelling (or not) of timezone-aware datetime values across Gainsight too

Some parts of Gainsight (e.g. reports) will label when a datetime value is localised, which implies that anywhere it’s not labelled as timezone-aware isn’t localised

But this isn’t the case, with values being both localised and unlocalised and unlabelled and labelled in different places which means I’m constantly trying to figure out whether I’m looking at a localised value or not.

Rules Engine: Localised, not labelled (confusing)
Reports: Localised, labelled (great)
Connector activity: Not localised, not labelled (ok, if consistent)

To make this an explicit request, it would be great if any localised datetime values in Gainsight were labelled as such. Rather than localised values being helpful/convenient, it’s actually more confusing when it’s done inconsistently.

Thanks!