Question

Created Date on Case report is Import Date

• 29 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Im building a report on cases, but the Created Date is pulling in as the import date. I need the original date the support case was opened, any idea how I can get that?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jacquelyne Your solution depends on your current Support tool, and how you’re ingesting this data to Gainsight.

• Created Date is a phrase used throughout Gainsight and nearly all of its data objects, and is representative of the day the record was created within Gainsight. You’ll also bump into Modified Date, and that’s the day the record was last modified within Gainsight.
  • Most Support systems (including Zendesk, with which I’m most familiar) have a field similar to Created Date at source. This field is more representative of when the Case was generated in the source system, and is not necessarily the date the Case was ingested into Gainsight.

Look for something in your source Support or Case data that represents the creation or open date of each ticket, as you’ll likely be able to ingest that date for a truer date of creation of the Case.

Badge

@matthew_lind So when I pull in Create Date at Source it fills as null, though all other case data is pulling. Any idea why that would be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jacquelyne Glad you spotted that Created Date at Source field.

If it’s null for all of your Case records, I would next look at your data ingest mechanics, to be sure your instance is configured to populate that field. The common ingest methods are Connectors 2.0, an S3 ingest, or a Bionic Rule. Inspect whichever mechanism is configured in your instance to determine if you’re populating the Create Date at Source field with that ticket creation date.