New Product Feature Ideas from the Gainsight PX Community

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Have you ever had a thought that “I wish I could do this with Gainsight PX”, or “if this feature supported this one additional use case, it would save me 10, 15, 20 hours a week”?

If you have, I want to welcome you to the POWER of the Gainsight Community. While I am of the mindset that I generally have 5 great ideas each day (haha), I am always humbled to find that someone else has already thought of it or is already doing it better than I. This is where the Gainsight Community becomes a great tool to help you when you encounter this maxim. 

5 a day I tell you. (that someone else already thought of. 🤣)

This Community is filled with users just like you and I who are looking for ways to improve our daily operations, engage with our clients, and better understand what they need from our applications. Here is a Pro-Tip on how to garner support for new features, product enhancements, and general ideas.

1. Start with research. Every great idea has other great people like you who could benefit from that idea. Scour the PX Community using the contextual search with a variety of terms and phrases related to your idea.

(Example: Survey details, survey responses, survey detail responses)

1. Take note of the use cases you find in the idea, discussion, and question sections of the PX Community. What are the intended purposes their ideas are meant to achieve? Are the use cases like yours, could the idea they have also support your use case, or could your idea also support their use case?

(There is a difference between an idea (new feature) and how it is applied (use case) to daily operations.)

1. Take note of all the Community members who have commented and what they are saying about the topic. Does this concept have broader application that could support multiple use cases? Also take note of all those Community members who have upvoted, commented on, or are following these topics.

1. When you create your idea post, @ everyone who you noted from those other posts. They would likely be interested in upvoting your idea if it can help support their use case. Tag your post with the best keywords and topics to give it the most visibility to others looking for a similar topic.

1. Be sure to include all the use cases you learned about from your Community research and add links to those other posts. Most importantly, include the IMPACT that implementing this idea will have on yours and others’ time/costs/efforts. The Gainsight PX product team is continually building new features and enhancements; but to prioritize all this work we need to help them clearly understand where it will have the most impact with their users.

(If you find a particular idea post that has already garnered a lot of support, has clarified your idea better, or has broader impact, consider supporting their idea with an upvote and add your use case to their current idea. Still @ everyone you noted from your research.)

Using this method is the best way to see if your idea has a high potential of impact for a variety of Gainsight PX users. One of the best things that we all benefit from using Gainsight PX is understanding the needs of our users at a larger scale. Statistical analysis and feedback from the entire user Community is the best way to prioritize the ever-growing number of development requests. The inSided Community tool (what you are using right now) uses these feedback options, upvoting, and development flags to help Product Dev teams and users like you and I quickly understand high impact requests, and keep track of what ideas are already in development.

Gainsight Community Product Ideation Guide

Community Guidelines

Gainsight+InSided 1 team

@anirbandutta @rho_ran_experian @anthonysabato @revathimenon @jean.nairon @obarrette @bradley @matthew_lind @sai_ram @slablance @gunjanm@jean.nairon@rakesh@Cornelia@dan_ahrens@lila_meyer@mandy_major @Ester.Memoli 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

😅 @link_black 

@JPKelliher, we keep an eye, yes. 🙂

Any particular Idea you want some clarity on?