Gainsight Admin Profile - Laura Sponhour: Former Librarian turned Gainsight Admin

• 21 July 2022
  • 6 replies
Gainsight Admin Profile - Laura Sponhour: Former Librarian turned Gainsight Admin
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you’re considering a career change, you’re going to want to hear @ltsponhour ‘s story. Laura was previously a librarian and a technical writer, before sticking a toe into the waters of Gainsight Admin work using Journey Orchestrator. Even if the next career you’re considering has nothing to do with Gainsight, I think you’ll appreciate learning how she leveraged her past work experiences to highlight her relevant qualifications for hiring managers.

It’s only been about 14 months since she embarked on this transition, and she’s already earned her Level 3 Admin certification. So, how’d she do it?

Laura leveraged a variety of tools, including @seth’s post on How Anyone Can Become a Gainsight Admin, and our sample Gainsight Admin job description. She also reached out to training@gainsight.com to request access to a Gainsight NXT training environment, used our Study Guide to prepare for the Level 3 exam, as well as attended the live Admin training to get hands on guided practice in Gainsight. 

Tune in to hear more of Laura’s tips for aspiring Admins, and the parallels she found between working as a librarian and now as a Gainsight Admin!

6 replies

Badge +1

Thanks for all your help, @lila_meyer , and the Gainsight Community for showing the way here!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

You have an amazing story @ltsponhour and so happy you shared. Even more happy that our paths have crossed again. Excited for all the great things you’ll do!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

What an incredible story, @ltsponhour! Plus your perspective on what’s involved in being an admin is so unique and, therefore, so insightful and on-point! Thank you for the time and gumption to put your story out there, and I’m thrilled that you landed in a spot you’re so happy with!! 

Badge +4

Amazing Story @ltsponhour! Thanks for inspiring us… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Congratulations, @ltsponhour, and thanks for sharing your story. 

Your background makes this community richer and more diverse, and I’m thankful for your perspectives and expertise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This is super cool @ltsponhour! Thanks for sharing your story.