CS Team Lead Profile with Janae Andrews - Building CS from the Ground Up

CS Team Lead Profile with Janae Andrews - Building CS from the Ground Up
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Some of us have been drinking the customer success champagne 🥂 for so long, that we may have forgotten what it’s like to help transform a company into a more customer-centric organization. Janae Andrews started at Starrez in 2017, when they were just beginning to stick their toes into the world of CS, and since then has helped launch a small CS team. I talked to her recently about the tools and resources she found helpful, including the well-known Customer Success blue book and more recently our Pulse+ training and certification program. 

Janae has taken all three levels of training and certification currently offered in Pulse+: for CSMs, Advanced CSMs, and aspiring CS Leaders. 

About Pulse+, she shared:

I walked away with 10 things to implement short and long term. For example, the 30-60-90 day planning for onboarding new CSMs … I can quickly incorporate with new hires. 

I loved how it was broken down into really manageable [chunks]… I also really appreciated the tests because it was clear they were related to the content that was presented; and they weren’t easy -- you definitely had to go through the content, pay attention, and learn what was there.

I enjoyed it, and I would want future staff members to use it for sure.

Check out more highlights of our conversation in the 5-min. video below!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

So great to hear how Janae is using the Pulse+ training to build out a dedicated CS team!

Badge +1

Janae’s story is a great reminder of how CS work can exist on a broad spectrum. Definitely inspiring for anyone looking to build their own CS teams.