Question

With the new feature of 'Timeline', is it possible to build reports off of this object?

• 29 November 2016
  • 15 replies

Badge +1
We love the new Timeline feature but would like to monitor adoption and also report on customers that have 'activities' logged within Timeline. Is it possible to build reports on this feature? 

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I believe in the last roadmap session it was mentioned that reporting capability was not available yet, but would be coming in a future release.  Unless something has changed since then.
Badge +3
Jeff is absolutely right. This clear gap is one of the key reasons we have designated this as Beta and is absolutely something we will be adding.
+1 here. I spoke with a customer who would also like reporting on Notes/ Timeline. Use case here is that they would like to be able to pull a summarized list of the number of calls, meetings, etc for a particular customer.  Sounds like we are thinking about this and is something we'll be adding as we build out this feature! 
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks for sharing, Michelle. Is this an overall count or for a particular time-period?

All - Please do share any reporting use-cases you have come across. Will help validate our assumptions as we build this out.
We have a lot of customers who want to have a scorecard measure based on "last call date" with a customer or "x number of days" since contact with a customer.  I can see timeline reporting being very helpful in creating this.  Right now they are building it off of SFDC activities I believe.  
I think both would be helpful! 
More detail from customer: 'Would like to be able to pull how many calls you did with a customer in one year, or some other time frame'.

Also -- please see below for additional feedback: 'I came across something less than ideal. Once you add more than a couple contacts as , the window just “...” and you can’t see the full list of people unless you go into edit'.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Valid feedback, Michelle. We'll fix this.
Maybe a bit of a corner case but we have a need to migrate our Timeline activities to a new org so being able to export all from a report would be very beneficial.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks for sharing, Leslie. This would also be a good one to consider for the X-Org Migration utility we are building. You can find some details here.
+1 use case.  Our User Research team has their own "Activity Type" in Timeline to document user research sessions in Timeline.  We would like to be able to create a report and surface that report in the R360 to summarize all User Research sessions that have occurred so the CSM does not have to comb through timeline.  
Badge +3
Reports on Timeline data coming soon!  However, Melissa, please note that you can always filter down the Timeline to only the Activities of the type you mentioned so you can see just those rather than having to scroll through lots of other stuff. 
Any visibility on when will the reports on timeline be coming? 
Badge +3
Reports on Timeline data are in the product now. (Apologies that we did not update this thread.) Use the Activity Timeline source object.  Note that currently this object does not include the Notes or Attendees sections.  Including the Notes section will come up in next release. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
We did a presentation at Pulse on Timeline and covered some examples of the types of reports you could generate. 

Here are the slides from that presentation (look about 2/3 of the way through the deck for the reporting slides): https://www.gainsight.com/pulse/2017/recap/assets/pdfs/Highly%2520Evolved%2520Collaboration%2520Made%2520Eas...