Question

What object are the External Attendees from Timeline Activity stored in?

• 12 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge
As stated above, I can't find this information. I looked on the Activity Timeline object but it doesn't contain the External Attendees field anywhere. I haven't been able to track down where the contacts that are on the activity is being stored.

Any help would be much appreciated!

7 replies

Badge
Hi Manmeet,

For Timeline activity, external attendees are the contacts in that account. These contacts can be found in contact SFDC object.

Regards,

Jagadeesh

Badge
Hi Manmeet,

Currently we do not show external attendees list in Activity timeline object in Report Builder. These are hidden fields in backend. So as an alternative we can build reports on SFDC Task (as we are syncing data back to Salesforce) object to view but in task object we can see only a single contact at a time.

Note: If we have mulitple contacts (i.e., external attendees) mentioned in an activity we can't show all of them in Report Builder.

Badge
Thanks! That's what I thought but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Is there a reason why the External Attendees list is hidden? It would be very helpful to have quering access to this for reporting on Timeline Activities. Especially if there are multiple contacts (since SFDC doesn't support the addtional contacts in reporting).

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
+1 to this comment. It would be huge to have external attendees field exposed to rules engine and reporting.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
+1, this would be very helpful for stakeholder reporting and alignment (i.e seeing when was the last time/how many times a key contact has been involved with a project)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
@manmeet_dosanjh In case you missed the email, this was implemented recently, so attendees are now available on the Activity Timeline object.

Badge
Thanks Heather! I did see that in the release recently. Definitely happy that this is available now as it will make reporting much better.