Solved

Unable to get Cases and CTAs in Associated Objects for timeline entries

• 18 August 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello GS Community.

I was very excited about being able to associate CTAs and Cases to Timeline entries. But, after following the instructions here:

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Timeline/Admin_Guides/Configuration_of_Associated_Records_to_Timeline

The only “associated records” choice was Company. We don’t use Relationships so it’s not important to us but Cases and CTAs are.

We are still on the sf.com instance. Here’s what I see

Did anyone come across this problem?

thanks!
Lyne

icon

Best answer by lyne_therien 19 August 2021, 19:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I got an answer from sdrostgainsightcom:

Unfortunately, you dove into enabling the feature before the documentation team made the correction to the SFDC Edition article you cite above (should be updated by Monday).

Although it is mentioned lower down in the article, the Overview section at the top mentions CTAs in error, since in SFDC Edition, CTA’s cannot be associated due to the fact that CTAs reside in an SFDC Object, not an MDA object.

Also worth noting is that Cases refers to the MDA System Cases object that is enabled if you are using Zendesk Connector in Gainsight.

The overview should read something along the lines of this: 

The Associated Records feature helps admins to associate a Timeline activity with more than one Company or Relationship record - and if the Zendesk Connector is enabled in your org, Gainsight Cases as well.

Apologies for the documentation error - it will be fixed!

I hope this can help someone else...