Question

Timeline Real-Time Sync

• 29 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
Hi! I'm having issues finding the documentation regarding the real time sync of timeline activities and it's effect on the Salesforce API.

If we average around 60-70 timeline activities being logged per day, how many API calls would that result in? Does each activity make an individual API call?

Just want to make sure that it won't cause any issues with our salesforce instance before activating this feature. Thanks!

6 replies

Badge
Hi Manmeet,

Yes for every action (create/update/delete) performed a seperate API call will be made if Real time sync is activated. Also, 60-70 calls per day does not cause any issues.

You can find realtime sync documentation below:

https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes/Current_Release_Notes/06Release_Notes_Version_5.17_August_2018#Timeline

Badge
That is perfect! Thank you so much, just what I needed.

Badge
I did have a follow up question. Are we able to revert back to scheduled if it causes issues with our API limits?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
You may have already figured this out but yes, you can revert back to scheduled option from the real-time option.

Badge
Yes indeed we can switch back to schedule sync at an given time from Timeline admin page.

Badge
Thank you! I did see that was an option in the documentation which was good to know. Thanks for the follow up, appreciate your support.