Question

Timeline Internal User Tag (@Mention) - what criteria is being used to query internal users?

• 11 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I started testing out the internal user tag for Timeline (@mention). I noticed some behavior that caused me to wonder how this is configured as it seems to be somewhat inconsistent.

When I start typing @ with the user I'm trying to tag, I am able to find some users but not all. I checked the Data Management > Users table and can see the user that I was looking for within the data table. At first I noticed they didn't have a Gainsight license enabled, which wasn't listed as a requirement in documentation. So, I decided to check another user that doesn't have a Gainsight license and was able to successfully find the second user to tag from Timeline.

Why was I unable to see one user from @mention even though they are in the Users table but see other users?

I feel like the query is a bit inconsistent.

From looking at our Users in SFDC, I know we have a number of users that are external contacts that have been added for one reason or other another. I would like to not have these particular users visible when using @mention. So, if there is more information on how the user lookup works and if there is more control over configuring which users appear in the lookup (or don't), I think that would provide more confidence in using this awesome new feature.

3 replies

Badge
Hi John,

We are fetching the user list from GSUser object (a.k.a Administration --> User Management), among that only active (internal) users will be shown in @mention results. If by chance any user is inactive such users will not be shown under @mentions results.

Could you please cross check once and let us know anything we can help you with.

Kind Regards,

Venkatesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for the reply and for the additional details.

When I run a report from the MDA User Object, I can see that the users with the IsActiveUser = True are available for @Mention tagging and IsActiveUser = False are not.

Could you help explain how this is set? Is it something on the SFDC user settings? And also what is the difference between IsActive and IsActiveUser? Sorry, I'm not a SFDC admin so this might be a pretty obvious question.

Badge
Hi John,

IsActive was used to indicate the status of the user in Salesforce, we don't use it anymore and IsActiveUser is used to indicate if the GSUser is active or not. IsActiveUser property has nothing to do with sfdc settings, you can change it from Gainsight Administration.

To set a user to active please follow below steps:

1. Navigate to Administration > User Management
  2. Filter for the respective user, if the status of the user is grey which means inactive
  3. Click on Person symbol under actions, select yes in the pop-up to activate the user
  4. Now the status of user will be green and the user will be available under @mentions result