Solved

Time to SFDC sync - activity classification

• 16 February 2021
  • 9 replies

When our activities sync to SFDC, they are all tagged as the activity type 'tasks' in SF meaning there is no way to distinguish between emails and call/meeting notes. 

Are we able to mass reclassify all ‘Email’ Timeline activities to ‘Email’ activity type in SFDC? 

Thanks!

Alex

icon

Best answer by gunjanm 3 March 2021, 16:52

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@alex_GC_ Thanks for sharing your valid request. As per my knowledge this is already added to the road-map. I will once again recheck and get back to you on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

We use this Type field on the Task activity in SFDC to identify an Email as an Email, etc. This has never been a problem for us using this, and it aligns with what SFDC direct users are doing in SFDC.  

End Proctoring-

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@gunjanm great that it worked for you!

@alex_GC_  could you please give a try and let us know if you see any issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@alex_GC_  did you get a chance to give a try? Please let us know if you need any help here. 

Thanks @gunjanm. I did give it go but unfortunately the SFDC activities are still showing as general ‘tasks’…  it seems I only have the Activity Type gainsight<>SFDC field & not the ‘Meeting type’ field. do you think that could be the issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@alex_GC_ that’s exactly it. We made an additional Gainsight Meeting Type field on the Activity object and map Meeting Type to it. 

End Proctoring-

@gunjanm - thank you! Will give that a go

@gunjanm - I also can’t see a ‘Meeting type’ field on our Gainsight side… did you also custom create this field? If so, could you provide some guidance on how you did this? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@alex_GC_ that’s right, it’s a custom field we created also. Create the Dropdown list first in Data Management, then go to Admin → Timeline → Edit on the specific Activity Type you want to add to, then click + Field. Quick video: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/vNzK5TSS5VsGQ4M3CVqa19? 

End Proctoring-