Select user in timeline activity

Related products: CS Timeline

I am trying to add a field to a timeline activity, that loads the users, same way as it does for internal/external attendees, but am unable to do so.

I created a GSID type field with a lookup, but it deoesn’t show up as an option in the timeline activity fields.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!

Tal

Hello @TalAmor, thank you for your post. We understand your concern here quickly looping in our Community Manager to take a look into this and respond to your post. 

@TalAmor Could you be able to tell us where you created the field with lookup?

We currently do not allow fields with lookups to be added in the Activity types.

I created the field in the company object, I wanted to add it then to the timeline activity but was unable to.

What then is the right way to add a list of users, just like we have with internal attendees?

@TalAmor We allow fields to be added to Activity types in the Timeline Page in Administration section. But, currently, we do not support fields with lookups to other objects.

Hey @soumitrasahu I see, so having a dropdown list with our users is not an option.

Is there an FR for this?

Thanks,

Tal

@TalAmor We will definitely look into this and based on votes to this post and the past requests on this, we will be able to move this to a higher priority. 

Also, do let us know why you need the fields with lookups (some important use cases will help)?

Also, let us know what kind of fields these (only Users?) are.

The idea is to have timeline activities where we manage risks or escalations, and select which users are responsible for the next steps, for example. So in this case, we are talking about user lookups, perhaps there are other use cases but this is ours :)

Thanks,

Tal

Would love to vote for this idea. Can the post type be changed to an idea post please?

@ana_g I’m not sure how I can edit the post type, can you let me know so I can change? Thanks :)

@TalAmor would this not be a good use for the system Internal Attendees field? + use of individual tasks and assignees for follow up items? 

@ana_g I’m not sure how I can edit the post type, can you let me know so I can change? Thanks :)

@Cornelia or @Sai Ram would change this to an Idea accordingly FYI

Hi @TalAmor, the post is now. changed to an idea! Thanks @gunjanm :) 

No StatusAcknowledged