Solved

New Home widget for Timeline is always empty

• 24 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi all,

we have just configured the new Home, including the Timeline box, and it appears always empty. This happens to every GS user, regardless if we choose “My own timeline” or “Default view”.

We add updates there, but once refreshed the page, items are gone. The standard Timeline instead is properly filled. Anyone else has experienced this? Is it a bug of our instance? Thanks

icon

Best answer by sai_ram 27 August 2021, 19:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Ester.Memoli sorry for the inconvenience, I am redirecting this to the support team to check the configuration. Thank.

Our team will contact you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Ester.Memoli sorry for the inconvenience, I am redirecting this to the support team to check the configuration. Thank.

Our team will contact you.

Hi, I opened a case some days ago, so maybe they should be merged.

Thanks for your help!

Badge

@Ester.Memoli I am running into the same issue right now.  Was yours resolved?  I feel like it’s a set up thing but not sure where to look.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Ester.Memoli I am running into the same issue right now.  Was yours resolved?  I feel like it’s a set up thing but not sure where to look.  

Hi, the case in in 2nd line hands now.

I’d suggest you to open a case, so they can manage yours too.

Cheers

Badge

@Ester.Memoli I found a way to make it work.  I don’t know why it works but it does.  Configure your home and remove your CSM filter (I’m assuming you have one).  Save.  Add CSM filter back but don’t put anything in the select user.  Once you hit that dropdown you have to pick something so just leave it blank.  Then save.  Now you should have timeline entries.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@Ester.Memoli I found a way to make it work.  I don’t know why it works but it does.  Configure your home and remove your CSM filter (I’m assuming you have one).  Save.  Add CSM filter back but don’t put anything in the select user.  Once you hit that dropdown you have to pick something so just leave it blank.  Then save.  Now you should have timeline entries.  

Thanks Lori, this is very clever!

I will highlight your reply into my Support case, as this may help the engineers.

Have a great day!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Confirmed, following @lori_dinardo ‘s steps, it works now.