Solved

Need to generate a URL to a Timeline Activity

• 18 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I am pushing to a Slack channel when a Timeline Activity of a certain type is created. I would like to include a URL for the user to click through back into Gainsight and the Timeline Activity. I can’t see any information on how to generate this URL. (For example, as a Salesforce Admin, it’s easy to create a Salesforce link by adding the record ID to the end of a standard Salesforce address)

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can do this? I am currently querying Timeline through the Rules Engine, and pushing to an External Action to get it into Slack.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by heather_hansen 18 June 2021, 18:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@smathew4 If you go to a Timeline activity, you should see the 3 dots in the top right, and there’s an option to Copy Link, then you can just use the beginning of that and parse the Activity ID to the end (after the last slash) to use in your External Action.

Yeah, I ended up getting it and used this prefix to create the click-thru url

https://SFDCMYDOMAIN--jbcxm.SFDCINSTANCE.visual.force.com/apex/JBCXM__ActivityTimeline#/activities/ & GSID

I actually grabbed this by creating a Timeline report, hovering over the subject and copying the link address. It is a cleaner URL that what you get if you use Copy Link on the Activity page

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

You both just saved me a ton of time @heather_hansen and @smathew4. Thanks so much!