Question

Linking Timeline field back to Scorecard in 360

• 12 April 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
Hi All,

We use a CSM Health score that I believe we should now be able to edit through the timeline feature. I've created a field with the correct drop down options, but I'm not actually sure how to link it back so that it will update the desired field on the 360 page. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Michael

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Michael,

Setting a score value would be done via bionic rules. Here is a getting started guide that will help: https://support.gainsight.com/Release_Notes

Also, here is the exact Setup Action that you need to create to set the score (assuming you've created the score card measure already).
Badge +1
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have this much set up already, what I'm trying to do is make the manual field used in the score card editable from timeline as a custom field. Any idea how to link the two?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Michael, Could you please brief us the use-case you are trying to achieve?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Michael,

The CSM Health field that you added to the Timeline Activity is a separate data field than the fields used in Scorecard measures. 

If you want to capture the CSM Health entry in Timeline and then have that be represented in one of your Scorecard measures, you'll have to create a bionic rule to retrieve the CSM Health value from Timeline and then write that to the Scorecard measure. 

Your Gainsight CSM should be able to help you connect the dots on this further. 
Badge +1
@Dan Ahrens - Curious how you were able to create a picklist field in tme line that could be stored as an integers since the scorecard requires an integer field to be used in the rule to set the score.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Shannon, you can do this a couple different ways. If you use a custom field of type number in Timeline, then you can simply use that value to set the score.

If you have a fixed set of options (like, Red, Yellow, Green) then in the rule you'll have a setup action for each option and set the numerical value of the score based on what your definition for each option would be. For example, you might say Red=20, Yellow=50, and Green=90.

In the set score setup action you can assign the score value to be equal to a numerical field that was part of your data fetch or you can assign a static value based on some set of criteria and/or filters.

Badge +1
Thank you - I think I have figured it out by not selecting a field under scoring scheme and creating the criteria. It does mean multiple actions but it works!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Exactly! If you have text or other data that represents scoring buckets, then you'll need to have an action for each bucket where you filter the criteria to only capture those customers and then set the score not to a numeric value but to a fixed scoring scheme. 

And now with the clone action capability, it should be pretty easy to create the various setup actions you need. 🙂