Known Issue: Timeline Activity Sync

• 28 February 2017
  • 23 replies

Badge +1
In release 5.5.3 which was pushed to customers on February 22, 2016, we've discovered a bug within activities created from timeline. If an activity is created in timeline and task sync to Salesforce is turned on, the task is synced to Salesforce multiple times resulting in duplicates. 

NEXT STEPS

For now, timeline activity sync has been turned off for all customers while we are working to push out a fix for this issue.

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Please subscribe to this article for regular updates until the issue is resolved. If you have questions about this issue, please open a ticket with us by sending a note to support@gainsight.com.

23 replies

Badge +1
Will activities logged while the sync is turned off, eventually get synced when things are fixed and back on?
Badge
Yes, all logged in activities will get sync once feature is on.
Badge +1
Thanks!
Hi Emily,

Do you have any idea on when this issue will be resolved?  Currently our CSA/CHC's have to enter their notes in two places so that our Sales Team can view them.  This is taking too much of their time.  Thanks!
Badge
We will be pushing fix as a part of spring release.
Badge +1
is there a tentative date for the spring release?
Badge
Hi Tracy,

The tentative release date for 5.6 is pushed to all (non-opted out) customer orgs on 5/16.
Thanks!
Is there a chance that this will be released sooner than May? We pushed the CSMs in our org to add all notes and call meetings to timeline for visibility into Salesforce for several other teams to have access to. This is a huge concern that information is not being passed through.
Seconded
I agree! The timeline feature is how we demonstrated value to our CSMs and our sales team by showing them how easy it is to communicate with each other. It is also a major concern right up to the CCO in our organization. Thanks for your consideration
We finally just got our CSMs to live in Gainsight and now have to ask them to go back to their original workflows. This presents major issues, as our CEO looks at these activities in Salesforce on a daily basis. Is there any likelihood that this fix would be pushed up? I would rather have duplicate activities in Salesforce than none at all!
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue!  We are planning to provide a patch this weekend.
Badge
Thank you for deciding to provide the patch this weekend! It is important that our teams using Salesforce see our activity (especially cancellation notices) that are synced from Gainsight Timeline to the Activity on the Salesforce account.
Badge
Fantastic! Thank you, Manu!!
Badge
We have enabled Timeline sync as of now. 

This fix is a temporary solution and is subjected to change.
Hello are there any updates regarding the syncing of activities in Gainsight over to the Salesforce account record?
Badge +1
Scott, 

This was addressed on March 26th per Sandeep's last comment. Are you still seeing issues in your org?
I had last read this would be fixed in a May release, let me test and post back. Excited this may be working now!
Hmm, I created two activities, Log a Call and Log an email, but do not see them showing up under the Account record for the client in the Activity history.

Does it take a while to refresh?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi Scott, there is a delay.

Activities are synced to SFDC in batches every 5 hours. If there are fewer than 50 activities created across your org, then they will sync at least once every 30 hours.
Looks like it worked. Curious why the 30 hour timeline was chosen, but I'll take it
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi Scott, I believe it was done this way to prevent overloading your Salesforce environment. There is a batch job that runs every 5 hours(up until 30 hours) if there are at least 50 activities created since the last sync.