Question

Global Timeline and Associated Records

• 18 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This is a question for Gainsight that might get converted to a request/idea. @anirbandutta can you help direct this?

Context: If you've turned on Associated Records for timeline entries, your global timeline, and personal timeline in GS Home, will only show your original entries. You won't know if you've associated it elsewhere without clicking into it.

My questions are:  Was this intentional? Are there any plans to incorporate associated records to the OOB Timeline displays, or a way for admins to show them? Or is it just a feature request?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@soumitrasahu would you be able to clarify this?

@bradley I didn’t get the context. Are you saying you are looking for some way to know upfront if the activity contains some Associated Record?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@bradley I didn’t get the context. Are you saying you are looking for some way to know upfront if the activity contains some Associated Record?

Here’s an example:

I hold a business review for Company A and Company B at the same time (doesn’t matter why at the moment). I want to document this business review for both companies with one timeline entry, so I create the timeline entry for Company A and then, using associated records associate it with the timeline for Company B.

Problem 1) If I go to the global timeline and filter to my entries, I will only see that this business review exists on Company A. e.g., there is only one timeline ‘card’.

Problem 2) I also cannot tell from looking at this single card, without clicking into it, that it has been associated elsewhere.

There are all sorts of other issues with reporting on this, but I’m just talking about these particular questions right now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@soumitrasahu let me know if you need any other context or maybe @anirbandutta if this should just be converted to a feature request

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Checking on this w Soumitra, @bradley 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@anirbandutta or @soumitrasahu any update on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Bhawya could you pl share an update?