Solved

Gainsight/Gong Integration Question- Criteria for merging Gong activity and Manual Activity

Badge +2

Hi everyone -

So I’m testing the Gong integration and so far I love it.  One thing I’ve noticed is that it feels very inconsistent to me when a Gong post merges with a manual timeline activity to create (which I’ve been affectionately calling) a super timeline activity.

What is the criteria for this to happen?   Is it timing/author?  Like if the timeline activity is within X minutes of the gong call date/time and the author is the same then merge?

I want to roll this out to the team but I want to be clear on how to make this happen more consistently.  What I’m seeing is that, when the merge does happen, it posts to the R360 (which is the desired result)

icon

Best answer by Bhawya 29 June 2022, 13:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Let me try get some responses on this Justin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Bhawya , @gopal_rao_kallepu would you be able to share anything?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Justin Bills The criteria for this merge to happen - 

1. Author
  2. Company
  3. Activity date time +-15 mins

This is also detailed out in our support doc - https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Timeline/02User_Guides/Access_Gong_Activities

Badge +2

Thanks so much for your responses.   The cool thing about this integration I didn’t realize until doing some testing with the CSMs was, if they follow the instructions above and post their timeline update on their R360 - then it was sync the gong call to the R360 timeline (which is amazing). 

Is there a way to merge a post and the Gong post if it’s over 15 minutes? I often write notes way ahead of the meeting, and save right after the meeting. I don’t want to keep it in drafts as I create tasks and want to log immediately. It would be ideal if I could then select the gong meeting that integrates and merge the two rather than having to manually copy and paste my notes over

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@Bhawya is this Activity Date/time or Created date/time? I am being told differently by support. Articles can be interpreted in either way.