Question

Gainsight Assist: Same company name and no other identifiers

Badge +3

We are in the EdTech space where a lot of our customers (School districts) may have similar district names across the country. When logging an email using Gainsight Assist and I search for the company, let’s say Fayatte County where it is one of four in the country, it wont tell me which state. What ends up happening is that we have to guess and likely logging to the wrong company. Is there a workaround besides logging the email via Gainsight Timeline directly?

5 replies

We are experiencing the same issue.  Any response for a work-around or different approach to solve the problem would be nice.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Everyone,

Are you still running into this situation?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Gainsight Assist will show you a filtered list of relevant Company names based on the recipients of the email

So rather than selecting the Company first, add the recipients and it should only show you the relevant Company names based on the Person records associated with that Company

As long as the Companies with the same name don’t also share the same Person records, there should only be one shown in Gainsight Assist under the Log Email to Timeline section

Badge

@GainsightGS 

Hi Team,

We are still having an issue with the internal email case.

We can filter for email sent to or received from a customer contact. If I want to log internal email. I need to actively pick an account.

Any update on this case.

Badge +2

Yes. We sometimes want to track internal emails to an Account from Gainsight Assist and have many Company Names that are the same so this is a challenge internally and externally for our users.  Additional information like the State and CSM that are included in the Search options would be very helpful.