Question

Does the Gainsight Mobile App have the ability to add Activities to a Customer Timeline?

• 2 July 2018
  • 8 replies

As out Gainsight Admin I am looking at rolling out the mobile app to our team.  I can access the Timeline within an account, see activities, edit them, etc, but I don't seem to have the ability to add a new activity.  am I missing something simple?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jon, 

I'm trying to confirm whether this is possible in the mobile app, but if your org uses Slack, you can post to Timeline from Slack using your mobile.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
We've upgraded a lot of the backend components to make most Gainsight pages really responsive and functional on mobile devices, so instead of using the app, just access the URL directly. 

Depending on your browser, you may need to request the desktop version of that page, but it will appear and is functional in your mobile device.

Badge +3
+1 A few of our users would like the ability to use a Mobile App that was made of the 'core' features.  Not all are very tech savvy...so we would want to limit the number of clicks.
As CSMs are on the road a lot, they regularly have notes that need to be written up.  Travelling by train or plane means they have the opportunity to do this immediately after a site visit so the ability to be able to write up their visit via mobile is one of the main things they want to be able to do.
Hi Team,

Looking for this as well. CSMs would like ability to log "hours" using Timeline while onsite with customer.

This would resolve the stress of having CSMs to have to "makeup" timeline logging when they are back home Friday.
Badge +3
Hi Lila!  By chance in your amazing storage of information - would you have a general information sheet on Slack?  Like it's features and what not?  I found a lot of information - but looking for more  like a core break down.  Because if Slack and post to Timeline via Mobile.  That may be a work around for us that I can start testing.  As always, Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Sagan, We don't maintain general documentation on Slack; we just have info about how to set it up to work with the Sally AI bot, and then how to ask Sally questions. They do have their own help center though, but it sounds like you probably found that already.
Badge

Any updates for this to be added to the App?