Question

Do Timeline activities log to Salesforce? I do not see them in the Tasks or Activities Object and I

Badge
Do Timeline activities log to Salesforce? I do not see them in the Tasks or Activities Object and I

10 replies

Badge +3
Ky - how long has it been turned on?    If you have fewer than 50 activities, it only happens after 30 hours (we will be adding some flexibility here)

From docs: Activities are synced to SFDC in batches every 5 hours. If there are fewer than 50 activities created across your org, then they will sync at least once every 30 hours.
Badge
It's been turned on since we started using Gainsight 2 years ago, but we just started using timeline a few weeks ago. There has been activity/logging happening for weeks but I am not seeing anything. Only tasks, but not the notes they are logging.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Ky,

Provided that you have the sync configured (see info here), then the entries should appear. 

Keep in mind that the sync is not real-time and that it may take a few hours for new activities to appear - see info here

If all that checks out and you're still not seeing tasks appear after the 30 hour window then it makes sense to have support see if they can help. 
Badge
So I see tasks coming in fine. And some were initiated from timeline. But there is nothing in this report that is showing the actual logging/notes. Unless we are not running this sfdc report correctly. 

Badge +3
Hi Ky,  Per the link Dan shared, Activity Synch is a separate configuration from Task sync.  See https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Customers_and_Relationships/Admin_Configuration/...
Badge +3
Hi Ky,  Per the link Dan shared, Activity Synch is a separate configuration from Task sync.  See https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Customers_and_Relationships/Admin_Configuration/...
Badge
Yes, I understand that. I have both task and activities synced properly in Gainsight. But I am trying to make the activities viewable in Salesforce, but when I am running reports on these in Salesforce I am only getting tasks and not activities. 
Badge +3
From your screenshot that shows "Open Activities", I would suggest checking Status filter.  If you go to the Administration>Activities, you can see (and set) the status of activities synced to SFDC from Timeline activities. 

Badge
So it looks like one issue we are having is that these activities are not getting mapped to our accounts in Salesforce. The default field says “link to”, which is mapped to the related to ID. There doesn’t appear to be any field that we could map to the account.
Badge +3
You should not have to do any mapping for that (Gainsight Timeline already knows the Account).  Did you confirm you set the Status and Priority fields - those are the fields that will be set in SFDC for activities that sync over.  If that is already done Ky - can you log via support as it seems the basics are set up as we would expect?